Batla House teaser: John Abraham challenges Akshay Kumar, Prabhas on Independence Day with heroic true story
A teaser for actor John Abraham’s upcoming film, Batla House, has been released ahead of its Independence Day release. John, who will play a cop in the film, shared the teaser on his Instagram account, along with a new poster of the upcoming film.
"The sound of the gunshots that were fired still echoes eleven years later. Witness the real story in the #BatlaHouseTrailerOn10thJuly," John wrote on Instagram.
The teaser starts with a voiceover saying "firing is going on and sir has been injured with two bullets. Two boys.." with visual of heartbeat pulse changing constantly playing on the screen.
Next, the teaser features scenes from the film including firing sequences and the sound of gunshots. The 26-second teaser ends with a voice saying "What happened that day in Batla House. Were we wrong or was I wrong?"
The poster shows two cops engaged in firing inside a house with "A house was identified...a conspiracy was scripted, for a fake encounter.." written on it.
The thriller is inspired by the real Batla House encounter that took place almost a decade ago on September 19, 2008, which is officially known as Operation Batla House. The incident took place against Indian Mujahideen (IM) terrorists in Batla House locality in Jamia Nagar, Delhi.
The Parmanu actor will be seen portraying the role of Sanjeev Kumar Yadav, who spearheaded the encounter. As the tagline suggests 'The story of India's Most Decorated/Controversial Cop', the case was about this one man who has had 70 encounters, a record 22 convictions from 30 cases and nine Gallantry Awards.
Helmed by Nikkhil Advani, the movie is written by Ritesh Shah and will hit the big screens on August 15, 2019, when it will clash with Akshay Kumar’s Mission Mangal and Prabhas’ Saaho.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Shahid Kapoor and his glamorous wife Mira Rajput rocked the airport look on Tuesday. See their pictures here.
- Suhana Khan shared another picture with her friends as she partied in New York. Just a day before, she had shared another photo picture with her friends.
- In an interview with Hindustan Times, Sharib Hashmi talks about The Family Man season 2, the experience of working with Kangana Ranaut on Dhaakad and more.
- Actor Anushka Sharma shared a post on mothers on the occasion of International Women's Day. She said that 'strong' and 'resilient ones' need to be celebrated.
- Kishwer Merchant dropped a comment on a video of Kangana Ranaut at the airport, asking, "How is this woman never in a mask?'
- Esha Deol revealed that while her mother Hema Malini did not cry at her 'bidaai', she could not hold back her emotions afterwards.
- Lisa Haydon, who is currently expecting her third child with husband Dino Lalvani, shared a special post featuring her 'very little woman' on International Women's Day.
- Aamir Khan and Elli AvrRam burn up the dance floor in the first teaser for their song, Har Funn Maula. Watch it here.
- Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui's brother Shamas has reacted to news of that Nawaz and his wife, Aaliya, are willing to reconcile. Aaliya had accused Shamas of physical abuse.
- Kriti Sanon slipped and almost fell before a posing session for the paparazzi on Monday. Watch the video here.