Kamal Hassan, Gautam Ghosh in Shyam Benegal panel for censor revamp
Actor-filmmaker Kamal Hassan and director Gautam Ghosh have been included in the Shyam Benegal committee that has been set up by the government to holistically look into the functioning of controversy ridden Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) making it a six-member body. Sources said Kamal Hassan and filmmaker Gautam Ghosh have been included in the committee. The I&B ministry had set up the panel on January 1 to take a relook at the functioning of the Board.
Benegal and other members of the committee, including filmmaker Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra, adman Piyush Pandey and film journalist Bhawana Somayaa had last week met information and broadcasting minister Arun Jaitley in Mumbai, where Minister of State Rajyavardhan Rathore was also present.
Jaitley had last week said that film certification guidelines needed contemporary interpretation and should be as non-discretionary as possible.
Earlier, before the panel was set up, Jaitley had made his desire known that he would like the Certification Board to “controversy-free” and added that he had discussed the matter with some experts as to what should be the future role of this body.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal will tie the knot this Sunday, his uncle Anil Dhawan confirmed. Reportedly, the wedding will take place in Alibaug.
- Katrina Kaif on Wednesday posted a video of herself, sweating it out at a Pilates session with her trainer. Watch the video here.
- Priyanka Chopra experienced mixed feelings as she got the first copy of her upcoming memoir, Unfinished. She shared a video on Instagram, documenting her reaction.
- Actor Salman Khan's niece and nephew, Ayat and Ahil, visited the set of his new film, Antim: The Final Truth, and posed for pictures with their father, Aayush Sharma. See the pictures here.
- Twitter has offered reasons behind the restrictions that were made to Kangana Ranaut's account for a brief time.
- Kangana Ranaut went back on an earlier tweet in which she claimed that she isn't interested in seeing anyone's leaked messages or emails when she was questioned about her comments on Deepika Padukone and Rhea Chakraborty's leaked WhatsApp chats.
- Preity Zinta shared a sneak peek from her road trip with husband Gene Goodenough. She posted a loved-up snap of him carrying her in his arms.
- Kangana Ranaut finally reacted to Arnab Goswami's leaked WhatsApp chat, in which he claimed that she is ‘sexually possessed with’ Hrithik Roshan.
- Vikas Khanna revealed that he was asked to pay money in exchange for favourable reviews of his directorial debut, The Last Color. He said that he will never forget it.
- Filmmaker Pooja Bhatt has written a note about feeling the temptation to drink, and how she dealt with it. She has been sober for four years.