Kangana Ranaut promises Dhaakad will be a ‘world-class spy thriller’, introduces international crew
Actor Kangana Ranaut revealed in a new Twitter post that the makers of Dhaakad have roped in Tetsuo Nagata, an award-winning Japanese cinematographer based in France. She also said that a ‘highly acclaimed international action crew’ is working on the film, which she promised will be a ‘world-class spy thriller’.
“For #Dhaakad we have legendary french director of photography Tetsuo Nagata , his academy award winning work like La Vie en Rose has been an inspiration for whole world. Along with highly acclaimed international action crew @RazyGhai hoping to make world class spy triller,” she wrote, sharing pictures with him and the others from a brunch hosted by her last week.
On New Year, Kangana hosted a brunch for the team of Dhaakad, and thanked them for ‘working tirelessly even through holiday season’. She shared pictures and videos from the get-together and expressed her excitement about the film.
“Cheers to our Dhaakad team and our Chief.... our director Razy Ghai he is India’s top advert film maker, it’s his first film but so privileged to work with him, he is amazing,” one of her tweets read.
In a teaser for Dhaakad, Kangana was seen firing a machine gun. In an earlier statement, she said that the film will be a ‘turning point’ for Indian cinema, as it is a ‘one-of-a-kind female-led action film’ being made on a lavish scale. “If it is received well, there will be no looking back for women in Indian cinema,” she had said.
Last year, in March, Dhaakad was at the centre of a controversy, when filmmaker Ahmed Khan was quoted as saying that Kangana’s Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi was a flop and that Dhaakad was shelved as a result of losses suffered by makers.
Kangana’s sister and manager Rangoli Chandel lashed out at Ahmed in a series of tweets and called him an ‘atrocious’ filmmaker. The director and producer of Dhaakad also tweeted to confirm that the film was very much happening.
Later, Rangoli revealed that Ahmed called Kangana to apologise and said that he was misquoted, but they were still sending him a legal notice for claiming that Dhaakad was shelved.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut, who earlier accused Vikas Bahl of inappropriate behaviour, thanked him for turning her career around with Queen. She said that he 'played a very significant role' in shaping her destiny.
- Shahid Kapoor aced the Centre of Gravity challenge, much to the surprise of his wife Mira Rajput, who called him a 'smooth operator'. Watch the video here.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife Aaliya has reaffirmed her wish to reconcile with the actor in a new interview, adding that she is ready to mend her ties with his brother Shamas.
- Rhea Kapoor dedicated an adorable Instagram post to her boyfriend Karan Boolani. She shared pictures of her showering him with kisses. See his reply here.
- Taimur Ali Khan was photographed in Mumbai on Sunday. The star kid was seen out with his father Saif Ali Khan and half-sister Sara Ali Khan.
- Sara Ali Khan shared two new pictures from brother Ibrahim's birthday party. More pictures were shared by one of Ibrahim's friends.
- Anupam Kher, who turned a year older on Sunday, shared a video from his birthday 'pawri' with his 'best friends'. Watch it here.
- Actor Vidya Balan has recalled feeling worried about how her family would react to The Dirty Picture. She revealed her mother and father's immediate reaction to the film.
- Twinkle Khanna, using an adorable photo of daughter Nitara kissing a puppy, urged everyone to wear their masks correctly instead of using them as 'chin straps'.
- Janhvi Kapoor celebrated her 24th birthday on Saturday, with the team of Good Luck Jerry. See inside pictures and videos from the celebrations here.