Kuch Kuch Hota Hai turns 20, Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol, Rani Mukerji reunite at celebrations. See pics, videos
On this day 20 years ago, director Karan Johar’s movie of a generation, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, was released. To commemorate the film’s 20th anniversary, Karan, along with the lead trio of Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol and Rani Mukerji, conducted a special press conference with several of their industry peers in attendance.
Spotted at the event were past and present Dharma Productions stars such as Sidharth Malhotra, Janhvi Kapoor, Ananya Pandey, Tara Sutaria and others such as Shweta Bachchan Nanda, Kareena Kapoor Khan and Twinkle Khanna. Also spotted were actors Sanjay Kapoor, Ishaan Khatter, director Zoya Akhtar and Dharma CEO, Apoorva Mehta.
You can check out pictures from the celebrations here:
Karan had earlier in the day shared a message for fans on Twitter. “I can’t believe it’s been #20YearsOfKKHH ! A film that gave me love ,acceptance and a career....will always be eternally grateful to @KajolAtUN @iamsrk #rani and @BeingSalmanKhan for indulging a 25 years old boy with stars in his eyes! Thank you for all the love,” he wrote.
Addressing rumours of a sequel to the film, starring Ranbir Kapoor, Alia Bhatt and Janhvi, Kajol told Hindustan Times, “I know they won’t be able to recreate our magic, that’s not possible!”
Kuch Kuch Hota Hai was a runaway success at the time of its release, quickly becoming the highest grossing film of the year, and breaking the record for the highest grossing Bollywood film abroad.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
Akshay Oberoi: Acting is not a sport or a game, you’re just competing with yourself and your last performance
- Called a 'truly clueless, uneducated, stupid human being' on Twitter, Kangana Ranaut said that her tweets are intended for 'high IQ people'.
- Babil Khan got emotional as he stumbled upon old messages from his father, the late Irrfan Khan, while deleting unnecessary texts from his phone.
- Hrithik Roshan, in an interview in 2017, said that he was at a good place in his life and was not thinking about getting married again. He was previously married to Sussanne Khan.
- Parineeti Chopra reminisced about many of her firsts in a new video for Netflix India. Watch it here.
- Bipasha Basu and her husband, Karan Singh Grover, have been keeping their fans updated with their adventures in the Maldives. See their pictures here.
- Milind Soman and his wife, Ankita Konwar, took to Instagram on Saturday to celebrate seven years of their relationship. See the pictures here.
- Actor Priyanka Chopra on Saturday passed on her best wishes to the current Miss India contestants, and reminisced about winning the crown two decades ago.
- Ranvir Shorey was asked by a fan if his leg fracture was caused by too much happy dancing after recovering from Covid-19. See his reply here.
- Shilpa Shetty, who is currently vacationing in Maldives, shared another stunning picture of herself. See it here.