Nushrat Bharucha’s mother says actor is going to get married very soon: ‘We given her enough time and now she has to listen’
Nushrat Bharucha has revealed her parents’ reaction to her hit song Chhote Chhote Peg in the film Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety. The actor had worn a glamourous two piece outfit in the song. Meanwhile, her mother has confirmed that they are going to push her for marriage and she would have to listen to them.
In an interview to Pinkvilla, Nushrat said, “I had not told them anything about the song as I didn’t want an issue and thought they will see in the end. I didn’t tell them about the release of the song. I came home late after promotions and saw my mother and father sitting. They played Chhote Chhote Peg on a big TV. I was like ‘I am gonna die’. And my father turns to me in slow motion and asks me, ‘Is that a bra?’.”
Sharing her reaction to his query, she added, “I was like, ‘it’s a bralet. There is a difference’.”.
Nushrat also revealed the one thing she tells her parents before making them meet her boyfriend. She said, “Every single time I introduce my mom to my boyfriend, I have always maintained one simple fact, even with my father. I have told them before every first meeting, ‘He is my boyfriend at present, we will get married if we are successful in this relationship. But if we aren’t, you will have to understand that it’s okay, he is my partner right now in this journey and he may not be tomorrow, which is okay’.”
Nushrat’s mother was also a part of the interview and confirmed her intentions of getting the actor married soon. She said, “We do get upset because we want her to settle down now and added, “She is going to get married very soon, we are going to push her now. We given her enough time and now she has to listen to us.”
Nushrat turned 35 on Sunday. She was last seen opposite Ayushmann Khurrana in 2019 film, Dream Girl. The film was a hit with collections of Rs 142 crore at the domestic box office. This was her second consecutive hit after Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety, her third film with Kartik Aaryan. She will now be seen opposite Rajkummar Rao in Chhalaang and in Sunny Kaushal-starrer Hurdang.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Shabana Azmi has shared a picture of herself, smiling from ear-to-ear, on the one-year anniversary of a near-fatal car crash.
- Remo D'Souza, who recently had a health scare, was spotted out and about town with friend Aamir Ali. Watch a video here.
- Citing the examples of Deepika Padukone, Kangana Rananut and Alia Bhatt, Taapsee Pannu has said that it is 'tedious' to find male stars to do female-led films.
- Mira Rapjut has shared new photos and videos from her Goa vacation with husband, actor Shahid Kapoor. Check them out here.
- Kangana Ranaut shared a video of Jiah Khan's sister levelling serious allegations of sexual harassment against Sajid Khan. She suggested that he has the 'full support' of the 'mafia' in the film industry.
- Actor Minissha Lamba has said that there is no longer any stigma attached to separation, and if a relationship isn't working, it is advisable to part ways amicably.
- Shah Rukh Khan jokingly took offence as the official Twitter handle of Kolkata Knight Riders declared Juhi Chawla’s husband Jay Mehta as the 'most affable gentleman'.
- Actor Sonam Kapoor has shared a new image from the Glasgow sets of her upcoming film, Blind. Her dad, Anil Kapoor, left a comment on her post.
- Natasa Stankovic has paid a heartfelt tribute to Hardik Pandya’s father who died on Saturday after suffering a heart attack.
- Disha Patani took to Instagram stories to share a video of herself dancing to rumoured boyfriend Tiger Shroff's new track, Casanova.