Twinkle Khanna shares ‘the joy of dressing up in something you have embroidered yourself’. See pic
Twinkle Khanna is not just a writer and film producer but also has a love for embroidery and needle work. The actor-turned-author shared a specimen of her embroidery skills as she proudly showed off her newly modified shirt.
Sharing a selfie in a white shirt, Twinkle wrote, “The joy of dressing up in something you have embroidered yourself. My white shirt is transformed with our Mumbai ‘Tai’! #TwinningWithTai.” In the picture, Twinkle could be seen smiling wide for the camera as she showed off her shirt which has a woman’s face embroidered on it in red and blue.
Her fans loved her piece of art and showered her with praise in the comments section. A fan called it “Amazing” while another wrote, “beautiful mam.”
Twinkle had taken up embroidery to spend her free time during lockdown. In July, she had showed another piece which had legendary painter Frida Kahlo’s face embroidered on it. Opening up about how she took up the hobby, she’d written, “While growing up in my Grandmother’s house, we all learnt to paint, sew and knit. After twenty years I am trying my hand at embroidery again, struggling but trying. I can still hear my Nani’s voice echoing in my head, ‘Tina, don’t do untidy work.’
When one of her friends commented to the post, saying how her grandmother’s crochets bags were funky, Twinkle had replied, “I got her things over today and now I have at least 100 balls of wool and over 20 crochet needles. When things get better come and take a whole load.”
Twinkle had travelled with her husband and actor Akshay Kumar to Scotland as he resumed work by kick-starting the shoot of his next, Bell Bottom. Their kids: Aarav and Nitara also accompanied them on the trip. They had also watched Twinkle’s mom Dimple Kapadia in a movie theatre there as theatres across India remained closed until November.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Janhvi Kapoor, who will be seen next in Roohi, said that viewers are not 'obligated' to love her and the onus is on her to give them a reason to. She added that she is working hard to win everyone over.
- Priyanka Chopra and her pet dog Diana are soaking up the sun in London, where the actor is shooting for the Amazon series Citadel, in which she plays a spy.
- Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt were clicked at an ad shoot with director Gauri Shinde. Check out some behind-the-scenes photos from the shoot here.
- Salman Khan said he feels 'awkward' and 'embarrassed' but at the same time, 'delighted' and 'honoured', to have his painting displayed alongside legends at an art show.
- Dr. Shriram Nene prepared a homemade pizza for Madhuri Dixit. As he shared a picture of it on Instagram, many of their fans showered compliments.
- Sara Ali Khan took to Instagram and revealed that she and her mother Amrita Singh visited Ajmer Sharif Dargah on Friday.
- Parineeti Chopra shared a new song - Matlabi Yariyan - from her upcoming film, The Girl On The Train. The actor has sung the soulful ballad. Watch here.
- Sara Ali Khan and her mother Amrita Singh were seen twinning in green at Mumbai airport on Thursday. See their pictures here.
- Sharmila Tagore had once talked about how Kareena Kapoor had her birthday when Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi was hospitalised but chose not to draw attention towards herself.
- Mumbai Saga trailer has John Abraham and Emraan Hashmi locking horns with Mumbai streets as the arena. Watch the trailer here.