How to check income tax refund status online. Read here
- Income tax refund (ITR) status can be checked on the National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) website as well as on the income tax department’s e-filing site.
The income tax department has released refunds worth over ₹1.73 lakh crore to more than 1.57 crore taxpayers for the ongoing fiscal year. “Income tax refunds of ₹57,139 crore have been issued in 1,54,55,577 cases & corporate tax refunds of Rs. 1,15,999 crore have been issued in 2,10,150 cases,” Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) tweeted on Wednesday.
Entering incorrect bank details can delay the processing of income tax refunds (ITRs). Refunds issued are received within 20-45 days from the date of completion of processing of ITR by the Centralized Processing Centre (CPC).
Here's how you can check your ITR refund status:
Income tax refund (ITR) status can be checked on the National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) website as well as on the income tax department’s e-filing site.
Checking refund status on NSDL website:
- Visit NSDL’s income tax refund site
- Enter your PAN details, Assessment Year and captcha code
- Click on proceed after filling every field
- The income tax refund status will be displayed on the screen.
Checking refund status of income tax department’s e-filing portal:
- Visit the income tax department’s website
- Click on ITR Status under the Quick Links section on the left-hand side of the homepage
- Enter your PAN details and Acknowledgement Number followed by the captcha code.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- The income tax refund status will be displayed on your computer screen.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- In an interaction with members of the Indian Women’s Press Corps (IWPC), Sitharaman said that consumer sentiment about the tax burden on auto fuel was understandable.
- Nearly 1.1 million vaccine doses were administered to people above the age of 60 and those in the 45-59 age group till Thursday.
- Mohapatra said the idea came during Modi’s meeting with Marriott International president and chief executive Arne Sorenson, who complained about the complex regulations in starting and running a hotel in India.
- ICICI Bank’s move comes days after rival lenders such as State Bank of India (SBI), Kotak Mahindra Bank and Housing Development Finance Corp. Ltd cut their home loan rates.
- These votes will have to be disclosed to unit holders under existing regulations. Voting will be at the MF level (rather than scheme level).
- Supply of vehicles from Maruti Suzuki India Ltd—as part of the alliance with Suzuki Motor Corp—has helped Toyota increase its domestic market share in the premium hatchback and entry-level SUV segment, where it was not present before.
- The top three states by GVA were Maharashtra, Gujarat, and Tamil Nadu. They had a share of 41% in the total GVA. Rural India added nearly as much GVA (49%) as urban India (51%).
- Using average consumption shares to calculate the burden of an indirect tax has a problem.
- Retail buyers continued to purchase gold in India as prices declined to a near one-year low.