K'taka Congress proposes 'Dasa Sankalpa' for Karavali region. Here are 10 points
Congress leader BK Hariprasad also said that the ‘Dasa Sankalpa’ aim of Congress will help the coastal Karnataka region to stand out in terms of development, if Congress comes to power in the state.
After two big poll promises, Karnataka Congress announced Dasa Sankalpa (10 points to focus) for Karavali region in the state during Praja Dwani Yatra in Mangaluru on Sunday. Congress leader BK Hariprasad also said that the ‘Dasa Sankalpa’ aim of Congress will help the coastal Karnataka region to stand out in terms of development, if Congress comes to power in the state.
Here are the 10 points that Congress proposed for Karavali region
1. Development of the coastal region to be the first priority. To create employment, investment, tourism, and harmonious growth. To achieve this, a statutory body titled "Karavali Development Authority" with an annual budget of 2,500 Cr will be constituted.
2. Mangalore to be the next IT and garment Industry hub of India, creating a new paradigm of development along with aim to create 1 lakh jobs in the coastal region.
3. A special focus is required for Mogaveera caste in the state.
A) Insurance cover of Rs. 10 lakh for every fisherman.
B) Interest free loans of Rs. 1 lakh to fisherwomen.
C)Subsidy up to Rs. 25 Lakh (equivalent to 25% of Cost) for buying well-equipped fishing boats.
D) Increase the subsidy on Diesel from 10.71 per litre to 25 per litre and increase quantity from 300 litres to 500 litres per day.
E) Dredging of Malpe Fisheries Harbour, Gangolli Fisheries Harbour and Mangalore Fisheries Harbour within 6 months of formation of Congress government.
4. Constitution of 'Shree Narayana Guru Development Board' with an annual outlay of Rs. 250 crore which comes to Rs. 1,250 crores in 5 years, if Congress comes to power.
5. Constitution of "Bant Development Board" with an annual outlay of Rs. 250 crore which comes to Rs. 1,250 crore in 5 years.
6. Restoration and increase the budget for minority welfare, including starting pre-matric scholarship for minorities that has been stopped by the BJP government.
7. Allocate Rs. 50 crores to solve the problems of Areca nut growers affected by yellow leaf and improve marketing and research in this regard.
8. 200 Units of electricity free every month to every household of Karnataka.
9. Rs. 2,000 per month in the bank account of every woman head of family which comes to Rs. 24,000 every year to fight inflation.
10. Setting up of "Shree Swami Vivekananda Communal and Social Harmony Committee" in every gram panchayat with appropriate grants and plans.
Also Read | Congress set to hold mega protest against BJP in Bengaluru
The 8th and 9th points were already promised for people of the entire state by the Congress. The 'Gruha Lakshmi' scheme promised each housewife in the state to get Rs. 2,000 per month if the party was voted to power. The party also promised 200 units of free electricity every month to all households in the state.