Flight operations normal despite fog at IGI airport
Flight operations largely remained normal on Saturday despite fog at the IGI airport which witnessed major disruptions over the past two days due to inclement weather.
Though there was shallow fog, the visibility remained over 2,000 metres during the night and in the morning at the main runway, causing no disruption in flight operations except for an hour around 3.30am and 4.30am when the runway visibility dipped to 125 metres.
The visibility at the new runway kept fluctuating and kept hovering from 2,000 metres to 75 metres, due to which some flights were affected.
Around 64 flights were delayed on Saturday, of which, four due to the weather in Delhi, nine due to the weather at their respective destinations and 51 due to operational reasons, airport operator DIAL said.
Though no flights were cancelled due to the weather in Delhi, five were cancelled due to bad weather at the destination and nine due to other reasons, it said.
A total of 70 flights landed using various categories of instrument landing system of which 38 used CAT I, 11 CAT II and 21 CAT III.
Flight operations had been badly affected for the past three days as dense fog enveloped the airport.
On Friday over 200 flights were delayed, while 19 were diverted due to poor visibility at the airport.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- As part of their investigation, police have till date arrested 1,753 persons, which includes 820 Hindus and 933 Muslims.
- The accused man, 30-year-old Sujeet Kumar, remains hospitalised and the police are waiting for him to recover before they pursue “suitable action” against him.
- A bench of justice Vipin Sanghi and justice Rekha Palli also asked the members of the striking union to not put under siege the municipal corporation or throw garbage on the streets.
- Manish Sisodia also interacted with students enrolled in the course to know their experiences.
- Jai Prakash, north Delhi mayor, said that all efforts of the municipal agencies this winter were focused to control local pollution sources.
- No Delhi police officer commented on the incident on record, but senior police officers aware of the development said on condition of anonymity that the two men who were on the target, are lodged in Tihar for their role in the northeast Delhi violence.
- Like several other curious onlookers, the boy too was watching the earthmover in action when the mishap took place, the police said.
- Considering the possibility of quitting this occupation, he observes that “one of the good things of being an auto driver is that all your income is made in hard cash.
- The last, which has a weight of almost one-third in the rankings, is a completely subjective parameter.
- The Bihari Puraskar is one of the three literary awards instituted by the KK Birla Foundation in 1991.
- It also asked the Centre why it was donating or selling Covid-19 vaccines to foreign countries at a time when the drive to inoculate Indian citizens was not optimised.