Metro fines 1,161 for riding ladies’ coach
Next time think twice before boarding a metro coach reserved for women. If you are caught you will be slapped with a fine of Rs 250.
Cops are keeping strict vigil on the coaches reserved for women. In last two months metro police have already challaned a total of 1,161 men for travelling in women coaches in Delhi Metro trains and collected a sum of about Rs3 lakh from them as fine.
“...police personnel are deployed at every metro station to check men from boarding reserved coaches for women. Male passengers were prosecuted and produced before the station controller of metro stations... authorised to fine them," said BS Gurjar, Additional DCP (Railways).
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The CPCB report released on Sunday said that there are over 112 sites in India that are contaminated by toxic and hazardous substances.
- An infection is said to be endemic in a population when it is constantly maintained at a baseline level in a geographic area.
- The BJP dismissed the allegations as “baseless” and hit back, saying that the AAP should answer why the construction of the Signature bridge in north-east Delhi faced delays.
- Appropriate allocation of funds in this regard will be made in the upcoming Delhi budget that is likely to be presented this week, he added .
- In February that year, just before Holi, he went back to the Sadar Bazar trader with the water gun he had produced and also the Chinese one.
- Experts said such initiatives will ensure that the only continuous green space in the national capital is preserved.
- A host of functions to honour women have also been scheduled at different police stations and DCP offices.
- Adesh Gupta has also started ‘mandal pravas’ (stay in each municipal wards) to connect with the party workers and supporters.
- As part of the revamp, new CCTV cameras, with better technology for improved clarity, additional escalators, bird spikes to prevent tripping of the overhead electrification (OHE) due to bird menace, were also installed.