'One school, One IAS' prog to demolish notion that civil services only for elite
An institutehelmed by top academics and retired IAS and IPS officers in Kerala is organising an ambitious programme called'OneSchool One IAS, seeking to "demolish the general notion that civil services are for the elite class alone." Kerala Governor Arif Mohammad Khan will this weekend inaugurate the scheme, beingrolled out under the Vedhik Erudite Foundations Scholarship Programme, the foundation said in a release here on Wednesday.
It said the programme provides free training to economically backward, but academically bright aspirants of civil services and other competitive exams. The scheme, supported by sponsors, envisages enrollment of 10,000 boys and girls across Kerala. The beneficiaries will be selected by a panel headed by the heads of respective educational institutions, it said. The Governor will, through video conferencing, declare the programme open at the function here on January 16.
Present at the ceremony in Grand Hyatt Hotel will be state Education Minister Prof C Raveendranath, Cardinal Mar George Alencherry, former Chief Secretary and UN Consultant Dr C V Ananda Bose, IAS, film actress Manju Warrier and officials of the Vedhik IAS Academy.
Actress Manju Warrier will sponsor 10 studious, but financially weak girl students from different districts. The initiative envisages equipping students with not just preparing for the civil services, but other competitive exams as well, it added.
The trainers comprise Kerala former Additional Chief Secretary Mr O P Minocha, Retd Col D S Cheema, CMAI Association of India President Prof N K Goyal, senior IAS officer Vivek Atre and Santhosh George Kulangara, also a well-known globetrotter. The Kochi-headquartered institution has an office in Delhi.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- JEE Main 2021: The online application window for Joint Entrance (Main) Examination 2021 will close on Saturday, January 16. Aspirants who have not yet submitted their application forms can apply till 11:59 pm on Saturday at Jermain.nta.nic.in.
- IBPS PO Result 2020: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) on Thursday declared the results for Probationary Officer/ Management Trainee CRP-X prelims examination on its official website at ibps.in.
- NTA on Thursday released an official notice alerting the applicants of JEE Main 2021 against some unscrupulous elements who have created a fake website - jeeguide.co.in in the name of JEE Main 2021 through which online application and fee payments are being solicited from the aspirants.
- According to the schedule, the NEET PG examination will be conducted in computer-based mode on April 18, 2021, at various centres spread across India.
- Interested and eligible candidates can apply for JEE Main 2021 online at jeemain.nic.in. The last date to submit the registration fee is January 17, 2021.
- SSC CGL 2020: Staff Selection Commision has released an important notice for aspirants of Combined Graduate Level (CGL) exam, on its official website- ssc.nic.in
- According to the schedule, the directorate will conduct the PAT 2021 exams in two phases on July 18 and 25, 2021.
- Candidates who have registered for the CTET 2021 examination can download their hall tickets online at ctet.nic.in
- The CLAT 2021 is scheduled to be conducted on 13th June 2021. Looking into the larger picture for the future and career aspects in law, it is not that simple as it may seem.
- IBPS RRB PO Result 2020: Institute of Banking Personnel Selection on Monday declared the RRB Officers Scale - I result 2020 on its official website- ibps.in.