Jamia Millia Islamia improves RUR rankings, now ranked 538 worldwide
The Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) has found some good news with a 93 point improvement in the Moscow-based Round University Ranking (RUR). The varsity has been ranked at 538 positions among the world’s 1,100 universities assessed, improving its position from 631 last year.
At the national level the university has been ranked at 10th position, which is also an improvement from 11 last year. This is despite the incidents of violence and strike that rocked the campus last year and early this year.
Among the four key areas of the university activities, the JMI scored maximum in teaching. The university has been ranked at 186 worldwide in teaching, 684 in research, 794 in international diversity and 677 in financial sustainability.
Speaking on improvement in rankings the Vice Chancellor of varsity Najma Akhtar said, “Teachers are the backbone of any academic institution. Without their contribution no academic institution can excel. I give full credit for the improvement in ranking to the teaching faculty of Jamia Millia Islamia”, she added.
The RUR World University Ranking assesses higher education institutions across the borders since 2010 until now. Over the 10 years, 1100 world’s leading universities from 85 countries took part in the RUR Rankings.
RUR Ranking evaluates universities performance by 20 indicators grouped into four key areas: teaching, research, internationalisation and financial sustainability.
“Together, we are facing a truly unprecedented situation related to world pandemic. Although universities all over the world are working online, we believe that common challenges will help the academic sector stay even more connected”, RUR said while releasing the ranking amid COVID-19 pandemic.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Staff Selection Commission on Tuesday released the results for junior hindi translator, senior hindi translator and junior translator paper 1 exams. Candidates who have appeared for the exams can check their results online at ssc.nic.in.
- Candidates who have qualified for the SBI PO mains 2021 can download their admit card online at sbi.co.in on or before January 29, 2021.
- The IBPS SO exam has four sections — Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness, Reasoning and Computer Aptitude in addition to English Language.
- Anna University Admission: The online registration process for Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) 2021 has begun on Tuesday, January 19.
- The institute will conduct the ICAI CA foundation examination 2021 from January 21 to 28, 2021, at various centres spread across the country.
- Maharashtra State Common Entrance Test Cell has released a revised schedule for CAP Round 2 for admissions to MHT CET 2020 B. Pharma courses.
- The third or mop-up round registration for AYUSH -NEET UG counselling 2020 will begin from today, January 19, 2021.
- Chief minister Yogi Adityanath will distribute appointment letters to 436 selected candidates for the post of assistant teachers/associate lecturers in the government secondary schools here on Tuesday.
- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection on Monday released the IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Mains admit cards 2020 at ibps.in
- SBI PO Result 2020: State Bank of India on Monday declared the results for its probationary officer preliminary exams at sbi.co.in
- SBI PO results 2021: The State Bank of India (SBI) has declared the result of preliminary examination for the recruitment of probationary officers (PO) in the state-run bank on its official website.