JEE main result 2018: Parents’ support a must, says rank 6 holder Pawan Goyal
Pawan Goyal, who grabbed the All India Rank 6 in JEE Main 2018 on Monday, said the support of parents is crucial for students preparing for tough examinations.
“I think students need parents while they prepare for competitive exams like JEE. So either of the parents should live with their children to give moral support,” the Jaipur boy said.
The 17-year-old said his mother Manju Goyal, a homemaker, starting living with him in Kota after he enrolled for coaching classes at Resonance Eduventures Private Limited from Class 8.
His father Mahesh Goyal is a government employee.
Pawan scored the same marks as AIR 3 Parth Satish Laturia - 350 out of 360 - but he got the lesser rank as he scored 115 in mathematics and Parth got 120 in the subject.
The ranking in JEE Main are calculated on the basis of the marks obtained in mathematics, physics and chemistry and if more than one student shares the same ranks then their ranks are decided according to the scores in these subjects.
“Regular studies for four to five hours apart from coaching and school classes, reading additional books, revision, clearing doubts with teachers, focus on NCERT syllabus, notes preparation are key to success,” he said.
He added that students should get their concepts cleared as it counts in the next phase of JEE Advanced, which is held for admission to Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and other top engineering institutes.
Pawan, who appeared for the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Class 12 board exams this year, likes playing badminton and watching television whenever he is free. He is waiting for the results of the board exam.
When asked about his future plans, he said, “I want to study computer science in IIT Bombay and later join the civil services or become a computer engineer”.
This is not the first time that a student of Kota-based coaching institute has performed well in JEE.
Last year, Kalpit Veerwal from the Udaipur branch of Resonance Eduventures Private Limited clinched the All India Rank 1 by scoring 100% marks and Vishwajit Aggarwal of the same institute bagged the fifth rank.
Coaching institutes in Kota claimed that 39,000 of their students cleared the JEE Main 2017 and at least 48 of them figured in AIR top 100.
“It is a matter of great pleasure that Resonance student Pawan has done the state and Kota proud by clinching AIR Rank 6 in JEE Main result today,” the coaching institute’s managing director RK Verma said.
According to CBSE, more than 10,00,000 students appeared in the JEE Main 2018 offline exam held on April 8 and more than 200,000 candidates took the online exam on April 15 and April 16.
The top 220,000 candidates will be eligible for JEE Advanced 2018 for admission to Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and other top engineering institutes.
The computer-based JEE Advanced 2018 will be held on May 20.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- SNAP Result 2021: The Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP) 2021 result was declared on Thursday, January 21, 2021, on its official website - snaptest.org.
- Board of School Education Haryana (BSEH) on Thursday declared the Haryana teachers’ eligibility test 2020 on its official website haryanatet.in
- Staff Selection Commission (SSC) on Thursday declared the Constable (GD) in CAPFs, NIA, SSF and Rifleman in Assam Rifles result 2018 on its official website ssc.nic.in. a total of 1,09,552 candidates have qualified.
- HTET Result 2020: Board of Secondary Education Haryana (BSEB) on Thursday declared the results of Haryana Teachers Eligibility Test (HTET 2020) on its official website -haryanatet.in
- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) on Thursday declared the Office Assistant (Multipurpose) CRP- IX prelims exam results on its official website- ibps.in
- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) on Thursday declared the results of office assistants (Multipurpose) preliminary examination 2020.
- National Testing Agency has extended the last date to apply for Common Management Admission Test (CMAT 2021). Earlier, the deadline was January 22 which has been extended till January 30.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) on Wednesday released the open round allocation list for INICET 2021. Candidates who have qualified for MD/MS/M.Ch courses can check their seat allotment result on its official website at aiimsexams.org
- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) will declare the results of office assistants (Multipurpose) preliminary examination 2020-21 on Thursday, January 21.
- The online registration for the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) entrance exam will close on Thursday, January 21.