Announced: UPSC civil services final result 2018 declared at upsc.gov.in
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) on Friday declared the final result for civil services examination 2018 on its official website.
Rajasthan’s Kanishak Kataria, a B.Tech from IIT Bombay, has topped examination. Kataria cleared the examination with mathematics as his optional. He is a B.Tech in computer science and engineering. He belongs to SC category.
Akshat Jain from Rajasthan and Junaid Ahmad from Delhi have secured second and third ranks respectively. Akshat Jain, an engineering graduate from IIT Guwahati, told PTI that he was elated and one of the reasons why he appeared in the civil services examination was to serve the society. Hailing from Jaipur, Akshit’s father is an IPS officer while mother is an Indian Revenue Service officer, who also motivated him to join the civil services. “I would like to serve as an IAS officer in my home state Rajasthan,” he said.
Srushti Jayant Deshmukh, a B.E. in chemical engineering from Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya, Bhopal, is the topper among the women candidates. She has secured an overall fifth rank.
A total of 10,468 candidates had qualified for the UPSC main examination,which was held from September 28, 2018. The personality test or interview commenced from February 4, 2019 for which 1994 candidates had qualified.
A total of 759 candidates (577 men and 182 women) have been recommended by the Commission for appointment to various services like IAS, IPS, IFS etc.
The civil services examination is conducted in two successive stages: 1) Preliminary (objective type) for the selection of candidates for the main examination 2) Civil Services (Main) Examination (written and interview) for the selection of candidates for the various Services and posts announced.
(With inputs from PTI)
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- DHFWS Basirhat Recruitment 2021: Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the positions online at basirhathealthdistrict.in on or before March 15, 2021.
- IOCL Apprentice Recruitment 2021: Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the IOCL apprentice recruitment 2021 online at iocl.com.
- UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist interview schedule 2020: Candidates who have cleared the main examination can check the UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist interview schedule online at upsc.gov.in.
- RBI JE admit card 2021: Candidates who have registered for the RBI JE recruitment examination 2021 can download their admit card online at opportunities.rbi.org.in.
- FCI Recruitment 2021: After the application process begins, interested and eligible candidates will be able to apply for the positions online at fci.gov.in on or before March 31, 2021, until 4 pm.