Varsity with no parallel
About the institution: Ignou is the world’s largest university for open and distance learning, with 3.5 lakh students worldwide. It was founded to provide higher education opportunities, particularly to the disadvantaged segments of society, to encourage, coordinate and set standards for distance and open education in India.
Fees range: Visit the university website for fee details. Exam fee of R60 per course can be paid either online, cash deposit in designated banks or by demand draft.
Support systems/ facilities for students: Self-instructional written material, audio-visual material aids, counselling sessions, teleconferences, and practical/project work. A 24-hour educational TV channel, Gyan Darshan, and a network of FM radio stations, Gyan Vani. Support is also provided through work centres, programme study centres and skill development centres.
Total no. and list of study centres: Many; visit the website to find the ones closest to you.
Enrolment: For all certificate programmes and BPP, the deadline is May 31 (without late fee) and June 15 (with late fee of R200) in the July 2011 session and November 30 (without late fee) and December 15 (with late fee of R200) for the January 2012 session. For all diploma, PG diploma, degree and masters' programmes, it's July 29 (without late fee) and August 31 (with late fee of R200) for the July 2011 session, and November 30 (without late fee) and December 31 (with late fee of R200 for the January 2012 session. Ignou allows round-the-year admissions under the walk-in scheme.
Approval from DEC: 2009-2015
Any other affiliation/ accreditation: UGC, AICTE, Commonwealth of Learning, Association of Indian Universities.
Programmes on offer
Bachelor of computer application
Bachelor of Architecture
BSc (footwear technology)
BTech (aerospace engineering)
BA (textile design)
BA (fashion design)
BA (3D and visual effects)
Bachelor of business management
BSc hons (international hospitality)
MA (tourism management)
MA social work
MA (Gandhi and peace ptudies)
MA (education) programme
MA in participatory development
MS in software technologies
PG diploma in financial management
PG diploma in human resource management
PG diploma in management
PG diploma in marketing management
PG diploma in operations management
PG certificate in project management
Certificate in fire safety
Compiled by Aditi Chakravarti
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The third or mop-up round registration for AYUSH -NEET UG counselling 2020 will begin from today, January 19, 2021.
- Chief minister Yogi Adityanath will distribute appointment letters to 436 selected candidates for the post of assistant teachers/associate lecturers in the government secondary schools here on Tuesday.
- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection on Monday released the IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Mains admit cards 2020 at ibps.in
- SBI PO Result 2020: State Bank of India on Monday declared the results for its probationary officer preliminary exams at sbi.co.in
- SBI PO results 2021: The State Bank of India (SBI) has declared the result of preliminary examination for the recruitment of probationary officers (PO) in the state-run bank on its official website.
- Meanwhile, at an interaction with students on Monday, Pokhriyal said that students will get more choice in answering questions in JEE and CAT exams this year adding that the syllabus for CBSE exams had already been reduced.
- As per data shared by the education department, 50 students scoring 90% and above were admitted in the first phase that concluded last week, while over 900 students scoring 80% and above confirmed seats in the second phase of FCFS that concluded on Monday.
- The officials should share the Information Education and Communication materials with the school management, the DPH said.
- Candidates who have appeared in the XAT 2021 examination can check their results online at xlri.ac.in.