Anushka Sharma joins Virat Kohli in celebrating India's 'inspirational victory' against Australia
- Anushka Sharma has congratulated Team India on their historic victory against Australia on Tuesday.
Actor Anushka Sharma has congratulated Team India on a historical victory in the fourth Test match against Australia on Tuesday. With the win, India registered their second consecutive victory on Australian soil and retained the Border-Gavaskar Trophy.
Anushka took to Instagram Stories and posted a picture of the team, and wrote, "What a win team India! What an inspirational victory for years to come."
Anushka's husband, cricketer Virat Kohli, had earlier shared his excitement about the victory in an Instagram post. "WHAT A WIN!!! Yessssss. To everyone who doubted us after Adelaide, stand up and take notice. Exemplary performance but the grit and determination was the standout for us the whole way. Well done to all the boys and the management. Enjoy this historic feat lads. Cheers @indiancricketteam."
Virat returned to India after the first match, to begin his paternity leave. The couple welcomed their first child -- a girl -- earlier this month. Many had expected the team to crumble after Virat's departure.
Virat had said at the time, "It's a decision that was absolutely clear in my mind. As committed as you are to play for your country this is a very, very special moment in life that you want to be there for at any cost. It's a blessed time and we're very excited," Virat said during an informal chat with Steve Smith.
Other Bollywood stars who joined the nation in celebrating the win include Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Akshay Kumar, Ranveer Singh, and others.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Janhvi Kapoor was spotted at the Mumbai airport over the weekend. During her exit from the airport, her staff member stopped a fan from taking a picture with the actor. Janhvi tackled the situation calmly.
- Boney Kapoor said that he was fortunate to have 'some of the strongest women in the world' in his life -- late wife Sridevi, and daughters Janhvi Kapoor, Khushi Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor.
- Despite cancelling divorce proceedings, Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife, Aaliya, has said that they aren't yet living with each other.
- Shilpa Shetty's husband Raj Kundra shared a funny and cute video of the two of them to celebrate his wife and an 'amazing role model'.
- In the past, Priyanka Chopra stood up for her friend, Meghan Markle, and called the treatment of her by the press 'racist'. Here's what she had said.
- Kareena Kapoor's friends and family members reacted to her Women's Day post, in which she shared the first picture of her second son.
- On the occasion of International Women's Day, Parineeti Chopra released the trailer of her upcoming sports-themed movie Saina. She plays the role of badminton champion Saina Nehwal.
- Sunny Leone, in a new video shared on Instagram, gave a glimpse into her journey from being boycotted at awards shows and facing criticism to professional success and personal happiness.
- Madhuri Dixit took to social media to wish her son Ryan as he turned 16. She also posted pictures of other family members on the occasion.
- Ananya Panday took to social media to share pictures of her grandmothers and celebrated them on the occasion of International Women's Day.