Kangana Ranaut has tweeted on National Youth Day.
Kangana Ranaut has tweeted on National Youth Day.

Kangana Ranaut remembers her guru Swami Vivekananda: 'When I had no hope, you gave me purpose'

Kangana Ranaut has shared a post about Swami Vivekananda on his birth anniversary, celebrated as National Youth Day. She called him her guru.
PUBLISHED ON JAN 12, 2021 09:18 AM IST

Kangana Ranaut has shared a post about her 'guru' Swami Vivekananda on the occasion of National Youth Day on Tuesday. The Judgementall Hai Kya actor said the ideals of the great philosopher gave her purpose when she had no hope.

Sharing a picture of Swami Vivekananda, Kangana wrote on Twitter, "When I was lost you found me, when I had no where to go you held my hand, when I was disillusioned by the world had no hope you gave me purpose. There is no being no God higher than you my Guru, you own every bit of my being.... #NationalYouthDay #SwamiVivekanandJayanti."

Swami Vivekananda's birth anniversary is celebrated as National Youth Day in India.

Four years ago, it was reported Kangana had gifted an apartment, worth approximately 2 crore, to her yoga guru Surya Narayan Singh as a 'guru dakshina' gesture. The two-bedroom apartment was converted to a yoga centre and Kangana had paid attention to every detail in order to make it a quality place for yoga.

“It’s a kind gesture from Kangana, but she feels it’s her ‘guru dakshina’ to Singh, who has been a pillar of strength in her life right from the start. He has never asked her for anything like that, but the actor felt that she should do something for him,” an insider had told Hindustan Times.

Also read: Priyanka Chopra shares picture of her 17-year-old self; Dia Mirza, Lara Dutta say 'I remember this girl'

Kangana has otherwise been making headlines for her statements on all, from her Bollywood colleagues and nepotism to farmers' protests.

Last year, her elder sister Rangoli Chandel had called the actor her guru and had written a note for her on the occasion of Guru Purnima. Calling Kangana her 'little guru', Rangoli had written on Instagram, "Wherever I’m, Whatever Good Exists In Me Is Very Much Because Of You. Happy Guru Purnima to my first ever little guru !!! You taught me how to be a person worth living on this planet .... yes I still have to work on my self ... but thank you so so much for incessantly working on me and my well being though I give u hard time some time but u never left my hand !! I pay my heartfelt gratitude to my little sister and my Guru !! #HappyGurupurnima."

Related Stories

Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma welcomed a baby girl on Monday.
Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma welcomed a baby girl on Monday.

First pic of Virat Kohli-Anushka Sharma's baby? Uncle Vikas clarifies

UPDATED ON JAN 12, 2021 03:41 PM IST
A picture of a baby was shared online by Virat Kohli's brother Vikas Kohli, which many assumed was the first photo of the cricketer and Anushka Sharma’s daughter. Vikas has now clarified that it was a stock photo.
Kareena Kapoor with her girl gang.
Kareena Kapoor with her girl gang.

Kareena Kapoor chills with Malaika Arora, Karisma on a fun night out. See pic

UPDATED ON JAN 12, 2021 01:31 PM IST
Kareena Kapoor united with her girl gang including sister Karisma Kapoor and friends Malaika Arora, Amrita Arora and others.
Guneet Monga, Tahira Kashyap Khurrana and Ekta Kapoor have set up Indian Women Rising

Women’s Day Special | Ekta Kapoor, Guneet Monga and Tahira Kashyap Khurrana: We just want to create better opportunities for women

By Juhi Chakraborty
UPDATED ON MAR 08, 2021 12:01 PM IST
Indian Women Rising (IWR) is meant to discover, nurture and shine spotlight on the Indian female talent in cinema across the world.
Actor Bobby Deol will be seen next in the films Animal and Love Hostel.
Actor Bobby Deol will be seen next in the films Animal and Love Hostel.

Bobby Deol: Have never given importance to awards, my father’s been a legend, didn’t get a single Best Actor award

By Rishabh Suri
PUBLISHED ON MAR 08, 2021 11:52 AM IST
Actor Bobby Deol, who has won an award for his web series Ashram, talks about the importance of awards to him, and playing a variety of roles in this phase of his career.
Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli with Vamika.
Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli with Vamika.

Anushka, daughter Vamika are a happy duo in Virat's Women's Day pic

UPDATED ON MAR 08, 2021 11:56 AM IST
Virat Kohli has shared a new picture of his actor wife Anushka Sharma and daughter Vamika on the occasion of Women's Day.
Actor Anupria Goenka was recently seen in the web show Criminal Justice: Behind Closed Doors.

Anupria Goenka: There are many stereotypes attached to women even today in our workplace, pay disparity being one

By Rishabh Suri
PUBLISHED ON MAR 08, 2021 11:38 AM IST
On the occasion of International Women’s Day, actor Anupria Goenka talks about why there still exists an equality gap between males and females.
Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor's son Taimur is 4.
Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor's son Taimur is 4.

Kareena's sister-in-law Saba shares unseen pic of Taimur, loves Tim's 'style'

UPDATED ON MAR 08, 2021 11:32 AM IST
  • Saif Ali Khan's sister Saba on Sunday shared a cute and never-seen-before picture of Taimur Ali Khan. See it here.
Alia Bhatt will celebrate her birthday later this week.
Alia Bhatt will celebrate her birthday later this week.

Alia shares pic of her first bunch of birthday gifts and it's not from Ranbir

PUBLISHED ON MAR 08, 2021 11:26 AM IST
  • Alia Bhatt is already in birthday spirits. She took to Instagram and revealed she has received a bunch of gifts from director Shashank Khaitan.
Taapsee Pannu's property in Mumbai was recently raided.
Taapsee Pannu's property in Mumbai was recently raided.

Taapsee Pannu reveals her parents' reaction to the I-T raid

PUBLISHED ON MAR 08, 2021 11:13 AM IST
  • Taapsee Pannu was recently in the news for the I-T raids carried out at her property in Mumbai. The actor has now revealed how her family had reacted to the searches.
Kareena Kapoor Khan with her son.
Kareena Kapoor Khan with her son.

Kareena Kapoor shares first pic of newborn son on Women's Day

UPDATED ON MAR 08, 2021 11:02 AM IST
Kareena Kapoor has shared the first picture of her newborn son on the occasion of Women's Day. See it here.
Kangana Ranaut celebrated International Women's Day with pictures of women in her family.

Women's Day 2021: Kangana dedicates it to 'favourite women' in her life

UPDATED ON MAR 08, 2021 11:13 AM IST
  • On International Women's Day, Kangana Ranaut took to Twitter to share pictures with the favourite women in her life. She also said how everyday was 'Women's Day'.
Saif Ali Khan with his kids Ibrahim and Sara.
Saif Ali Khan with his kids Ibrahim and Sara.

Watch how Saif-Kareena's home was turned into party venue for Ibrahim's birthday

PUBLISHED ON MAR 08, 2021 09:26 AM IST
Saif Ali Khan threw a cool and trippy 20th birthday party for his son Ibrahim Ali Khan last week. The actor transformed his new home into a neon-infused party venue.
Suhana Khan with a friend.
Suhana Khan with a friend.

Suhana Khan gives star vibes as she poses with a friend in New York

By HT Entertainment Desk, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON MAR 08, 2021 08:57 AM IST
  • Shah Rukh Khan's daughter Suhana Khan dropped a new picture with a friend and upped her glamour game. She is currently in New York.
Priyanka Chopra finally met Nick Jonas and his parents in London.
Priyanka Chopra finally met Nick Jonas and his parents in London.

Priyanka is reunited with Nick, her in-laws in London, wears sweater made by mom

PUBLISHED ON MAR 08, 2021 08:19 AM IST
Priyanka Chopra was reunited with her husband, singer Nick Jonas in London, where she is currently filming her upcoming series, Citadel.
Vidya Balan’s last release was the Shakuntala Devi biopic.
Vidya Balan’s last release was the Shakuntala Devi biopic.

Vidya Balan says she 'hated her body' when her weight became a 'national issue'

PUBLISHED ON MAR 08, 2021 07:06 AM IST
  • Actor Vidya Balan has said that it has taken her time to accept her body because, at one point in her life, she used to hate it.
Actor Divya Dutta has multiple projects set to release and be shot in the year 2021.

Divya Dutta: I was jumping like a kid after coming back on set after so many months

By Rishabh Suri
PUBLISHED ON MAR 07, 2021 11:22 PM IST
Actor Divya Dutta considers it a ‘blessing’ to be able to work again after the ‘crazy circumstances’ which took place in the Covid pandemic.
Actor Bindiya Goswami and filmmaker JP Dutta with their daughter Nidhi Dutta and son-in-law Binoy Gandhi

Nidhi Dutta: I will count myself lucky if Binoy and I can be half as happy as my parents are

UPDATED ON MAR 07, 2021 10:18 PM IST
The actor talks about her dream wedding, the importance of relationship and what she hopes she got from her parents