Photos from Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal’s secret roka ceremony surface online
After their low-key wedding on Sunday, pictures from Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal’s roka ceremony have surfaced online. While photography company The Wedding Saga, who originally shared the photos on Instagram, deleted t, the images are being widely shared online by fan clubs.
In the pictures, Varun is dressed in formals, while Natasha looks stunning in heavily sequined ethnic attire. In one of the photos, they are seen wearing garlands and holding a coconut. In another, they cut a cake together.
The roka ceremony reportedly took place in February last year. Interestingly, at the time, Varun denied the reports and claimed that he was merely attending a birthday party at Natasha’s house. “Hey guys before u let ur imagination run wild it was a birthday party, wanted to clarify before any false news is spread cheers,” he wrote, sharing a report speculating about the engagement.
Varun and Natasha tied the knot at The Mansion House in Alibaug on Sunday. The wedding was attended by just 40-50 of their closest friends and family members due to the Covid-19 restrictions. Karan Johar, Manish Malhotra and Shashank Khaitan were among the select few from the film fraternity who were a part of the celebrations.
Sharing his wedding photos on Instagram, Varun introduced Natasha as his ‘life long love’. They have known each other since the sixth grade but got into a relationship only in their mid-20s.
Earlier, on Kareena Kapoor Khan’s chat show What Women Want, Varun said that he felt like he ‘fell in love’ with Natasha when he saw her in school for the first time. However, she ‘rejected’ him a few times before they eventually started dating. Incidentally, Kareena let the cat out of the bag when she referred to Natasha as Varun’s fiancee.
Meanwhile, Varun and Natasha will reportedly host a lavish reception at a five-star hotel in Mumbai on February 2 for their friends and his industry colleagues. However, there is no confirmation on the same yet.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Priyanka Chopra has shared information about a new restaurant called Sona in New York. She has been creatively involved with it from contributing in its design, menu, music and even with its name.
- Elli AvrRam has shared the first look of her upcoming dance number with Aamir Khan, from the film Koi Jaane Na.
- Actor Pooja Bhatt has said that she took a step back from acting because she had no desire to play 'arm candy' to heroes.
- Arjun Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor have shared special birthday posts for their half-sister, Janhvi Kapoor. Read their messages here.
- Fans clamoured for any new detail about Kareena Kapoor's new baby, after she posted a year-in-recap post on Instagram.
- Actor Janhvi Kapoor, who turned 24 on Saturday, has spoken about the most valuable life lessons she learned from her parents, Boney Kapoor and Sridevi.
- "I will not make the statement you want me to, take my smile instead," said Gul Panag, refusing to comment on statements made by several celebrities about the farmers' protest, in a video being widely shared online.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut has said that she hasn't taken a single holiday in 2021, and has worked through her periods.
- Actors Swara Bhasker, Richa Chadha, Tisca Chopra, Satyadeep Misra, Rajshri Deshpande and others took to social media to voice their support for Taapsee Pannu and Anurag Kashyap.
- Janhvi Kapoor had once revealed how her mother did not want her to join films. Sridevi felt her older daughter would not be able to survive in the industry.
- New behind-the-scenes photos from the sets of an advertisment capture Ranbir Kapoor's transformation into an old man.
- Actor Rhea Chakraborty's lawyer Satish Maneshinde has called the 12000-page charge sheet filed by the Narcotics Control Bureau in the Sushant Singh Rajput's death case a 'damp squib'.