Kalki and I are very good friends: Anurag Kashyap
Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap says he and estranged wife Kalki Koechlin are still good friends.
The 41-year-old filmmaker, who married Kalki in 2011, had announced separation last year in November but said they were not contemplating a divorce.
"What do you want to know about personal life?
are separated. We are very good friends and we will stay very good friends, what more you want to know. It is a simple healthy relationship. When two people separate... Then you should leave them alone," Anurag said.
Earlier, the filmmaker on Karan Johar's chat show Koffee With Karan had said that he had not given up on Kalki and she was the best thing that happened to him.
Kalki, an Indian actress of French descent, had met Anurag while shooting for Dev D in 2009. She had essayed the role of Chandramukhi in the modern take on Sarat Chandra's classic Devdas.
Anurag was earlier married to film editor Aarti Bajaj and has a daughter, Aaliya.
In 2013, there were reports that all was not well between Anurag and Kalki and later they came out with a statement saying they had mutually decided to separate.
The director has been reportedly linked to his assistant director of Bombay Velvet Sabrina Khan. There were reports that post the release of Bombay Velvet, Anurag would leave India.
However, the filmmaker seemed clueless about the rumour and said, "I don't know where this has come from."
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Netflix India on Wednesday announced its slate of content for 2021, which includes the second season of Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives, the new Abbas-Mustan film, new projects from Karan Johar, Mani Ratnam and others.
- Urmila Matondkar shared a throwback picture with husband Mohsin Akhtar Mir on their 5th wedding anniversary. She handpicked a special moment from the ceremony. See here.
- As they plan a small and sweet celebration for their third wedding anniversary on Thursday, Keith Sequeira and Rochelle Rao talk about seeking help from a marriage counsellor.
- Sanjana Sanghi played a small role in Irrfan Khan's Hindi Medium. The actor has now opened up about the acting lessons she learned from Irrfan.
- Saif Ali Khan's sister Saba Ali Khan recently posted old family pictures of the Kapoors and the Pataudis. See little Kareena and Saif here.
- Varun Dhawan shared a funny clip just before boarding an aircraft where he channeled his inner werewolf. Watch the video here.
- Twinkle Khanna has shared a glimpse of how things get difficult for her at home as schools continue to remain shut.
- Amitabh Bachchan's granddaughter, Navya Naveli Nanda, on Wednesday reacted to a question posed to a rape accused by a Supreme Court bench.
- Nick Jonas revealed he began the making of his upcoming album Spaceman when his wife and actor Priyanka Chopra was filming for The Matrix 4 in Germany.
- Kajol wished sister Tanishaa Mukerji as she turns a year older. She also shared some never-seen-before throwback pictures.
- Shah Rukh Khan's child co-star from Kal Ho Naa Ho, Jhanak Shukla, spoke in a video about why and how she 'lost the track' in her acting career, and how she is 'not earning anything' right now.
- Janhvi Kapoor is back with her second dance number, titled Nadiyon Paar, from the film Roohi. It is a remixed version of hit Shamur song Let The Music Play.
- Priyaank Sharma and Shaza Morani hosted a Christian-style wedding ceremony in the Maldives this week. The couple exchanged their vows at a beach ceremony, and danced to Ed Sheeran's Perfect.