Cracked heels can be healed, here are 7 natural remedies to help you
Cracked heels are an eyesore and could later aggravate and cause pain. Here are 7 ways to protect yourself from it.Updated: Jul 19, 2018 09:08 IST
Your feet are probably the most neglected parts of your body. While we do pay a good deal of attention to our skin or facial blemishes, cracks in the feet and skin problems are often ignored. And yet, your feet need some special care, especially because they are directly exposed to dirt and are drier due to the lack of oil glands in the feet.
Here are some simple tips to get smooth feet:
* Moisturise your feet: The lack of moisture can be a major cause of cracked heels is the lack of adequate moisture. Use a moisturiser twice a day to get rid of this problem.
* Warm water soaks: Soaking your feet in warm water that is mixed with honey can moisturise your feet as well as help to peel off the dead skin.
* Wipe the area between the toes: The area between your toes is prone to dampness which can cause fungal infections. Ensure that the area remains dry. Massage oil and turmeric in the area to reduce pain from the cracks.
* Buy the right shoes: The kind of shoes you wear also make a difference. Avoid open-backed and thin-soled shoes which can lead to dirt gathering on the feet.
* Wear cotton socks: Walking around barefoot can expose your feet to dirt. Wearing socks can protect them from pollution and dust and keep your feet clean.
* Vaseline: Wash your feet and apply a layer of Vaseline on the heels at night. Wear cotton socks and leave it overnight. The next morning, your heels will be soft and have lesser cracks.
* Foot care cream: Opt for creams that list fenugreek as an ingredient to heal cracked heels. Fenugreek has moisturising properties.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
First Published: Jul 19, 2018 09:02 IST