Iron Man 2 deleted scene reminds Marvel fans of Robert Downey Jr, Gwyneth Paltrow’s crackling chemistry. Watch
A deleted scene from Iron Man 2, being recirculated on social media, has got Marvel fans reminiscing about Robert Downey Jr’s Tony Stark. The deleted scene shows Tony bantering with his future wife, Pepper Potts, played by Gwyneth Paltrow.
The 8-second clip shows Pepper scolding Tony like a mother, telling him that he is ‘being a baby’ and that he deserves ‘a spanking’. Tony, breathing through an oxygen mask and wearing his Iron Man suit, tells her that he might enjoy it.
Fans seemed to like the scene, and wondered why it was removed. “Iron Man 2 is such a chaotic masterpiece in both the film itself and its deleted scenes,” one person wrote in reply to the original tweet. “They shouldn’t delete this,” wrote another. One fan, on the other hand, seemed to agree that the scene felt out of place in the film. “This honestly made Tony seem really pathetic. I’m glad it’s cut,” the fan wrote.
Robert Downey Jr ended his run in the Marvel Cinematic Universe with 2019’s Avengers: Endgame. Tony was killed off at the end of the film, after having sacrificed himself to defeat the villainous Thanos.
There have, however, recently been rumours that Downey might reprise his role in some capacity in the future. A cameo in the upcoming solo Black Widow movie is on the cards, as well as a voice appearance in the upcoming Disney Plus show, What If?
In recent interviews, Downey has played it coy about making a return to the MCU. In an appearance on The Today Show, the actor once again failed to give a definitive answer. “I’m not sure. Are we in bargaining now? I am so pleased, just that, I wound up where I have. I’m very fortunate so, I’m not the kind of guy who -- I want to try to keep it classy. We’ll see,” he said.
Iron Man 2, while critically and commercially successful, was marred by behind-the-scenes trouble and is generally considered to be inferior to the first Iron Man film.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- A new HBO Max trailer has revealed unseen footage from high-profile films such as The Suicide Squad, Space Jam 2, The Conjuring 3, Godzilla vs Kong, and more.
- Singer FKA Twigs has spoken about the 'hurtful' abuse she faced when she was dating Robert Pattinson.
- Actor Armie Hammer was contacted by the Cayman Islands police after they received a complaint about a video he posted on a private Instagram account. The video showed a woman posing on all-fours in a hotel room.
- The White Tiger movie review: Adarsh Gourav delivers a star-making performance in Ramin Bahrani's angry answer to Slumdog Millionaire, co-starring Priyanka Chopra Jonas and Rajkummar Rao.
- Actor Tom Holland spoke about the arduous audition process for Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and the time he thought he'd be fired from the role.
- A life-size cutout of Ana de Armas was trashed outside Ben Affleck's house, amid reports of their breakup.
- Joe and Anthony Russo are bringing their Marvel Cinematic Universe experience to fleshing out the Extraction franchise, director Sam Hargrave has said.