Priyanka Chopra’s ‘naked’ Oscar dress is a win-win: Indian designers
Oscars 2016 -- arguably the biggest night of cinema -- actor Priyanka Chopra made quite a bold move on the red carpet, going sans colour and adorning a ‘naked’ dress by Lebanese designer Zuhair Murad. The gown played with daring sheers, delicate detailing and a sexy sweetheart neckline. The actor, who also presented an award at the ceremony, was praised by the international press for her look.
Indian designers also loved the Quantico star’s red carpet look. Designer Manish Malhotra says the choice of mighty white is a major win. “White is beautiful and an all-time classic. She looks stunning and super confident and her choice of the daring gown reflects in her energy on the red carpet. The understated makeup and hair goes with the overall look, I loved it!” he says.
The Baywatch actor also sported Lorraine Schwartz jewels including 50 carat diamond front back earrings that cost an incredible $3.2 million. On her hands, she sported a 22 carat diamond ring worth $3.4 million alongside a 10 carat diamond pinky ring worth $850,000 as well as an 8 carat diamond bypass ring costing $300,000, according to reports.
For designer Anand Bhushan, the ivory looks striking. “Priyanka looked like such a hottie! I loved the Murad creation she went for, the white looks striking against her mocha skin and I think she has never looked better,” he says.
For designer Nikhil Mehra of designer duo Shantanu-Nikhil, the tone-on-tone look is what made Priyanka stand out on the red carpet. “The appliqué embroidery looks fabulous. Going experimental is something that’s more common at events like the MET Gala. The Oscars, on the other hand, are all about playing it classic. That’s exactly what Priyanka did by picking up the white gown that embraced her curves beautifully,” he says.
While everyone’s going gaga over PeeCee’s big Oscar fashion pick, designer Ritu Beri feels it could have been even better. “She is a gorgeous woman and would look great in almost anything. But, I would have liked to see her dramatise her look a little more. Maybe, with a bolder colour and some interesting jewellery which she could have pulled off well,” Beri says.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Tom Holland spoke about the arduous audition process for Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and the time he thought he'd be fired from the role.
- A life-size cutout of Ana de Armas was trashed outside Ben Affleck's house, amid reports of their breakup.
- Joe and Anthony Russo are bringing their Marvel Cinematic Universe experience to fleshing out the Extraction franchise, director Sam Hargrave has said.
- Celebrity couple Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel have welcomed their second child, a year after he publicly apologised for inappropriate behaviour amid cheating rumours.
- Priyanka Chopra has shared Jungle Mantra, an original song from the White Tiger soundtrack, by Divine, featuring Vince Staples and Pusha T. Listen here.
- Actor Ray Fisher has released a lengthy statement confirming his removal from the upcoming Flash movie, amid his standoff with Warner Bros.
- Actor Armie Hammer announced that he is quitting his upcoming film, amid a scandal around messages that he allegedly sent a woman.
- Patralekhaa spotted Rajkummar Rao on a hoarding of The White Tiger in New York and shared a picture on Instagram stories. She reminisced about his incredible journey, from Gurugram to New York.
- One Night in Miami movie review: Debutante director Regina King extracts terrific performances from her four leading men, in a high-concept drama about power and responsibility.
- Bruce Willis was clicked without a mask at a pharmacy in Los Angeles on Monday. He later said that it was an 'error in judgment'.
- First footage from high-profile upcoming films starring Chris Hemsworth, Leonardo DiCaprio, Dwayne Johnson, Melissa McCarthy, Amy Adams, and others, has been revealed by Netflix.