Delhi Covid-19 cases decline but deaths cross 9K-mark: 10 key statistics you need to know
Delhi on Sunday reported 4,906 new Covid-19 cases, taking the cumulative toll of positive cases reported so far this year to 5,66,648. In the last 24 hour, the national capital witnessed 68 deaths, adding to the total deaths which have reached past the 9,000-mark.
Here are the ten important statistics you need to know about Covid-19 spread in Delhi:
- Delhi’s positivity rate on Sunday increased by a small margin and rose to 7.64 %. A day earlier, it was recorded at 7.24 %. Exactly two weeks earlier, the positivity rate - total positive Covid-19 cases out of population tested - for the national capital hovered almost double the mark. On November 15, Delhi had recorded 15.33 per cent positivity rate.
- Delhi’s positivity rate is lowest since October 23.
- Delhi’s death toll crossed the 9,000-mark on Sunday after 68 deaths were recorded due to the coronavirus infection in the last 24 hours. It is the lowest death toll in almost 23 days, as Delhi witnessed a surge in fatalities at an unprecedented rate.
-This is the second consecutive day in Delhi that the number of deaths has remained below 5,000 and the positivity rate below eight per cent.
- Recoveries in Delhi reached 5,22,491 after a total of 6,325 people who recovered from the illness were recorded on Sunday.
- The city had recorded its highest single-day spike of 8,593 cases on November 11.
- Active cases in the national capital stand at 35,091, out of which 21,337 people are recovering in home isolation. It has dipped from 36,578 from a day before.
- Delhi’s case fatality rate - total deaths recorded from the total cases reported - is at 1.6 %.
- A total of 64,186 tests, including 29,839 RT-PCR ones and 34,347 rapid antigen tests, were conducted by the authorities, according to the Delhi health bulletin. Delhi, which has actively conducted high number of tests across the country, carried out 69,051 tests, including 33,147 RT-PCR ones -- the highest till date -- on Friday.
- As many as 131 Covid-related deaths were recorded on November 18, the highest till date.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The CJI was candid to admit that persons appointed to a Committee were free to express their views on the subject on which they have been called to consider.
- The BKU said committee will tour US Nagar district to ensure farmers participation with their tractors in Delhi on Republic Day .
- The BJP leader said the Congress is not interested in resolving the issues pertaining to the farmers and Gandhi’s media address a day before the government and the farmers’ meet shows that the party does not want the talks to be successful.
- The rhino had moved out of the Kaziranga National Park and Tiger Reserve on January 16 at Jakahalabandha area of Kaliabor.
- The glitches in the CoWIN application have affected the vaccination drive in Rajasthan. The second day of the inoculation program saw 11,288 health workers of the 68.7% of targeted beneficiaries, which works out to 5 percentage points less than the first day.
- Biotic interference in Nongkhyllem Wildlife Sanctuary has been significantly reduced, zonation has been done in terms of core and buffer zones and it has a duly notified eco-sensitive zone