In Chhattisgarh, tiger found dead at Bhoramdev Wildlife Sanctuary
A tiger was found dead in the Chilfi Range of the Bhoramdev Wildlife Sanctuary in Kabirdham district during a routine foot patrolling by the forest department, an official said on Thursday.
The forest official has sent the body for post-mortem and further investigation is going on.
“A male tiger was found dead near the Toraiyabehera area in Chilfi Range of the Bhoramdev Wildlife Sanctuary when forest officials were on routine foot patrolling. The area where the tiger was found is around 200 meters from the border of the Kanha National Park,” said Rakesh Chaturvedi, state Principal Chief Conservator of Forests (PCCF) talking to HT.
The PCCF further said that it seemed infighting for territory between two tigers took place due to which one died.
“There is evidence that another tiger was also present at the spot,” Chaturvedi said.
The officials said that other senior officials were in the jungle and the post-mortem of the body of the tiger will be conducted on Friday.
“More details are awaited,” Chaturvedi added.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The situation in the Ladakh sector remains tense and the ongoing military and diplomatic dialogue has not yielded results.
- A school teacher said more than 200 cows destroyed the kitchen garden and at least 100 plants of flowers, fruits and medicinal plant in the school premises.
- The circular said that all officers and personnel as well as CAPF and any other force deployed for the Republic Day Parade security arrangements should be made aware and be prepared that they will be required for law and order arrangements immediately after the official celebration is over.
- Delhi traffic police requested road users to accordingly plan their journies and avoid the route of parade and tableaux, from 4 am to 12:30 pm for their own convenience.
- According to the FIR registered by the police, the estimated value of the tiger skin that was seized is ₹40 lakh in the international market.
- One CA was arrested on Saturday along with four businessmen in Jaipur for operating 25 fake firms to fraudulently avail and pass on input tax credit.
- While addressing a press conference, Congress General Secretary Ajay Maken demanded an explanation of how exactly has the government spent ₹20 lakh crore that it "collected by multiple hikes in excise duty on both petrol and diesel" in last six years.
- The girl claims that the college has withheld her diploma certificate for non-payment of dues.