India needs to hold talks with other neighbour country: Farooq Abdullah in Lok Sabha
National Conference president Farooq Abdullah on Saturday stepped inside the Parliament to attend the monsoon session after more than a year since the special status of Jammu and Kashmir under Article 370 was abrogated on August 5, 2019.
After the special status was lifted in Jammu and Kashmir on August 5, 2019, the local leaders were put into pre-emptive detention.
During his address in Lok Sabha on Saturday, Farooq Abdullah urged India to hold talks with other neighbour country, just like it has been holding talks with China to resolve issues.
“Like we are talking to China to resolve issues, we need to hold talks with the other neighbour country as well. People are dying every day, border skirmishes are on a rise. We need to find some solution,” ANI quoted Farooq Abdullah, National Conference MP, as saying in Lok Sabha.
On Internet network restrictions in Jammu and Kashmir, Farooq Abdullah questioned how was J&K supposed to grow if people did not have access to 4G facility while rest of the country did.
“No progress is taking place in Jammu & Kashmir. People there do not have access to 4G facility, how are they going to grow in the present time when the rest of the country has access to every facility on the internet,” he said, as quoted by ANI.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The biosphere reserve spread over an area of 5569 sq km contributes 38% of the total protected area network in Odisha. It is also one of the oldest tiger reserves in the country having the largest zone of Sal trees.
- For the first time, junior commissioned officers (JCOs) and jawans are taking part in the top conference, as reported by Hindustan Times on Wednesday.
- According to the IMD's forecast, Friday and Saturday may see higher daytime temperatures that could rise to 39 degrees Celsius.
- A police officer said that the complainant's status as witness in the case of alleged sexual exploitation against former minister Ramesh Jarkiholi is also unclear.
- On Wednesday, the Centre had submitted a note prepared by Department of Financial Services (DFS) which did not agree with the Court’s suggestion to create additional courts as a solution to curb high pendency of Section 138 cases.
- Indore was ranked the ninth-best city among cities with over a million population.
- Pradhan, who has written at least three letters to Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik demanding immediate implementation of 27 per cent quota for OBC category, in a statement said that his demand for reservation in jobs and education remain unaddressed till date.
- General Bipin Rawat said the Indian armed forces face greater challenges than any other military in the world and India urgently needs to bring about structural reforms in higher defence and operational organisations.