Amrita Rao has no time for secrets
Kangana Ranaut has been firmed for Raaz 2, marking her return to the Bhatt camp after she ventured into corporate pastures like Metro and Fashion.
But unbenknownst to many, director Mohit Suri had been chasing Amrita Rao for the sequel to the Bipasha Basu-Dino Morea hit.
Suri had narrated the script to the Vivah girl and had suggested a makeover look with oomph appeal. The next thing you know, is that La Rao developed cold feet (stockinged).
Confirming her meeting with Suri, Rao says, "I did hear the subject and liked it too. The screenplay is very taut and gripping but I didn't have the dates for them."
Ask her if he's using the standard line for declining a project and she clarifies, "They want to start shooting this month, but I have already committed the next 15 days to Anil Kapoor's ShortKut with Akshaye Khanna and Arshad Warsi. Then, I'll be shooting with Harman Baweja for Victory."
Is she coy about a sexy makeover?
"The look is not all that hot-hot, but there's a certain attitude in the girl's character," she responds.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- India’s sedition law has an interesting past — it was introduced by the British in 1870, decided to be dropped from the Constitution in 1948 after discussions of the Constituent Assembly.
- India will also promote tourism by celebrating 2022 as the Visit India Year through a promotion campaign highlighting India’s strengths like heritage, culture, art, wellness and yoga.
- The ADG has constituted teams of police personnel from Aligarh to assist the Hathras police.
- The incident took place on Sunday afternoon, when the girl went to a wheat field, owned by the family of the accused, to collect fodder and water.
- The provisions under the new rules relate to the code of ethics for digital news publishers, setting up of a grievance redressal system and the requirement of disclosure of information to Centre, the ministry said.
- The instrument will support the 3.6 metre Devasthal Optical Telescope (DOT) in Uttarakhand, an official release from the department of science said on Wednesday.
- Lt-Gen BS Raju said a quiet LoC will allow us to address the challenge of terrorism in a focused manner.
- The central agency has registered a case on the basis of an FIR registered by Chennai Economic Offences Wing in September last year.
- Dhyani added that the burden on the ecology due to construction on Himalayan slopes made the region prone to disasters.
- Navlakha claimed in his petition filed through advocate Shadan Farasat that the 90-day period for filing of charge sheet was over and he was entitled to default bail under Section 167(2) of the Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC).
- Lama was being considered as the GJM candidate for the Kalimpong assembly seat in the coming polls later this month.
- Unhappy with the response, the bench headed by Chief Justice of India (CJI) SA Bobde asked Solicitor General Tushar Mehta to appear in the case along with Additional Solicitor General (ASG) Vikramjeet Banerjee, who presented the note to the Court.
- The officer withdrew his request after an orthopaedic surgeon said his purpose would not be served by buying a horse.