‘Haryana allows illegal Hotel within restricted zone of Gurgaon Air Force Station’
Surprisingly, the Haryana government has permitted construction of a hotel, City Chrome Hotel and Resorts, within the 900 meters restricted zone from the parapet of the Gurgaon Air Force ammunition depot whereas electricity and water connections of other illegal constructions in the restricted area have been disconnected.
The allegations were laid by the petitioners seeking restoration of water and electricity connections to their alleged illegal houses constructed within the restricted area from the Gurgaon Air Force Station, on Thursday before the Punjab and Haryana high court.
In an application submitted before the bench headed by chief justice Ranjan Gogoi during the hearing of an ongoing case, the petitioners Satish Kumar and others submitted that the City Chrome Hotel and Resorts is in Khasra No. 1869 in village Rajiv Nagar by the side of Delhi road in Gurgaon. The petitioners, however, informed that the electricity connections to their submersible pumps, tubewells and other premises were disconnected by the authorities after filing of the petition in the high court.
Councel for the petitioners asserted that the petitioners had already moved the Apex Court which in turn on January 11 had directed to maintain status quo regarding possession and nature of the properties. Hence, the electricity and water connections should be restored at least till the pendency of the case in the court as residents are struggling with their day to day life.
Though the bench took the application on record but posted the matter for arguments for February 10.
Earlier in an affidavit, administrator of Haryana Urban Development Authority(HUDA), Nitin Kumar Yadav, had given the details of all such sectors where illegal constructions had been done. Though sectors 5, 12A, 14, 17, 18, 22, 23-23A fall under the restricted zone of ammunition depot but various constructions had been raised in sectors 14, 18, 22 and 23-23A.
As per the record, sector 18 also included Maruti industry area. Whereas, sector 14 included Payal Cinema, 477 residential plots on which constructions had been raised, DAV Sr. Sec. School, DAV Nursery School, HUDA office, police post, shops and other kiosks. In sector 22 also HUDA has its own water works department. However, sector 23-23A included cremation ground, part of hospital site apart from other enchraochments.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Similipal, among the few included by the UNESCO in its list of critical biosphere reserves of the world, covers an area of 5569 sq km and contributes 38% of the total protected area network in Odisha. It is also one of the oldest tiger reserves in the country.
- The Union health ministry last week had specified 20 comorbidities among people aged between 45 and 59 years who will get the vaccine.
- Haryana's new law provides reservation for local people in private sector jobs with a monthly salary of less than ₹50,000 for 10 years
- The NIA has not ruled out the possibility of the involvement Bangladeshi terror outfit JMB into the bomb attack.
- In an interview, Rahul Gandhi had said that the Emergency imposed during the regime of former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi was a mistake.