Painting competition 2012
No Tv Day painting competition 2012Updated: Jan 13, 2012 23:40 IST
HINDUSTAN TIMES PAINTING CONTEST, 2012
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS THE “GENERAL RULES”) ARE APPLICABLE TO ALL THE PARTICIPANTS/ OF THE “HINDUSTAN TIMES “NO TV DAY” PAINTING COMPETITION (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS THE “COMPETITION”) PROMOTED / ORGANIZED BY M/S HT MEDIA LTD (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS HTML). THE RULES CAN BE AMENDED OR VARIED FROM TIME TO TIME BY HTML.
1. Period of the Competition: Competition will be held on Jan 26th, 27th and 28th , 2012 and students from classes 1st to 8th of the participating schools and residing in Mumbai, Navi Mumbai and Thane regions only, are eligible for the contest. Students can participate by registering with their school as intimated from their school authorities. Drawing sheets will be provided by HTML. The students will need to bring their own pens, pencils and colors as may be required by them. The completed drawings need to be submitted to the respective schools.
2. Each school shall choose 2 winners, one from primary section and one from secondary section. Entries will be collected by agency within a week of the activity from schools and send the final winning entries to HTML by Feb 2012.
3. HTML shall from all the winning entries received from the schools, choose 4 zonal winners and one city winner
4. All selected winners names will be announced in “Hindustan Times” in the month of March 2012.
5. In case of any dispute or difference in respect of the competition money, the decision of HTML shall be final and binding on all concerned.
6. The competition money shall be given to the winner through guardians on production of valid documents for Photo and ID proof. The winner may be required to get the Terms and Conditions signed by his/her guardians. The Winner through guardian may collect the competition money from HT Media Ltd’s Mumbai office on intimation .HTML shall not be responsible for any delay in announcing winner of the respective competition money arising out of reasons beyond its control
7. All the costs and expenses for collecting the competition money will be borne solely by the winner through guardian and HTML shall not entertain any claim, whatsoever. The winner or his guardians is solely responsible for any other expenses related to the acceptance and use of the offer.
8. The competition money shall be non-transferable and non negotiable.
9. In the event of any unforeseen circumstances, HTML reserves the sole right to offer alternative prize of the same value.
10. Employees of HTML and its affiliates/subsidiaries, sponsors of the competition moneys, associated agencies, participating operators and their immediate family members and relatives are not eligible to participate in this competition.
11. HTML shall not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by the participants while participating in the Competition.
12. Failure by HTML to enforce any of these Rules in any instance(s) shall not give rise to any claim by any person.
13. The Competition shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India. Any disputes, differences and, or, any other matters in relation to and arising out of the competition and, or, pertaining to the rules and regulations and, or, the Terms and Conditions shall be referred to arbitration under the Arbitration & Conciliation Act, 1996. The arbitral tribunal shall consist of a sole arbitrator to be appointed by HTML. The venue of arbitration shall be New Delhi.
14. All disputes shall be subject exclusively to Delhi jurisdiction only.
15. HTML, in its absolute discretion reserves the right at anytime, without giving any previous notice to the participants, to add, alter, modify, change or vary all or any of these terms & conditions, wholly or in part, or to withdraw the Competition.
16. Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Program and/or web-site is a violation of Criminal and Civil Laws and should such an attempt be made, HTML reserves the right to seek damages from any such Candidate to the fullest extent as permitted by law.
17. All entries will be treated as the property of HTML and can be used by HTML for any promotional and / or commercial activity & the participants/winner waive all rights of whatsoever nature in the said entries in favour of HTML by participating in the Program
18. Participants/winner may be required by HTML to participate in a photo, video and/or film session and acknowledge that HTML has the absolute and exclusive right to use such publicity photos, videos and/or films in any medium and in any reasonable manner it may deem fit without any consideration or payment of similar nature to such participants/winner
19. HTML in its absolute discretion may publicize, broadcast or otherwise disclose a participant's/successful student’s name, character, likeness, statements or any recording of their voice in advertising or promotional activities concerning this Program, or generally. HTML may promote or advertise that a winner has been chosen to receive the competition Program
20. Apart from the above-mentioned competition money/s, nothing else will be provided to the winner. All applicable taxes, levies, cesses, insurances, transfers and other expenses, if any, will have to be borne and paid by the winner through guardian.
21. All competition moneys shall be claimed by the winner through guardian, accompanied with documents specified herein below, from HTML within 60 days from the date of announcement of the winner. The documents required to be submitted along with the claim by the winner include the following (the document list is only indicative and not exhaustive and HTML shall be entitled to request the participant to produce such other document/s from the Winner through guardian as it may deem fit to its sole and absolute satisfaction:
• Identity Proof,
• Address Proof,
• PAN Card (of the Parent/guardian) and
• Signed copy of this terms and conditions of the Parent/guardian
22. HTML at its sole discretion may also waive production of any of the aforesaid documents.
23. If the Winner through guardian fail to claim their competition moneys or submit the aforesaid documents to claim the competition money within 60 days from the date of availability of the winner details, then HTML reserves the right to forfeit such unclaimed competition moneys.
24. The offer in this competition cannot be used in conjunction with any alternative offer or promotion.
25. The winner shall be responsible to keep in safe custody the intimation letter and/or confirmations given/ issued to him by HTML. In case of loss or damage or theft of the same, HTML reserves the right to issue duplicate(s) subject to such verifications and/or on such other term/s as it may desire.
26. HTML reserves the right to change/modify/amend the terms and conditions of the Competition money at any time at its sole discretion.
27. HTML, its vendor and/or its subsidiaries shall not be liable to any person or entity for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages, including loss of profits, incurred by the winner or any third party, whether in connection with this competition program, or for breach of any warranty or in tort.
28. HTML, its vendors and its subsidiaries shall not be responsible for any claim/s arising out of any technical failure/s either before, during, or after the completion of the competition including but not limited to any technical failures in the telephone lines, failure of servers or the failure to provide the correct Competition results or any mistakes arising out of technical snags. Further, HTML shall not be responsible for any claims arising out of any failure(s), which are beyond the control of HTML or its vendors.
29. This competition is subject to force majeure circumstances i.e. act of God or any circumstance beyond the control of HTML.
30. The competition program is valid subject to the winner through guardian complying with all terms, conditions and/or formalities as required by HTML. Any failure on the part of the Participant to comply with the any specified term, condition and/or formality shall render the participant liable for disqualification at the sole discretion of HTML.
31. HTML reserves the right to extend, cancel, discontinue, prematurely withdraw, change, alter or modify this offer or any part thereof including the eligibility criteria, at its sole discretion at anytime during it’s validity.
32. Participation in the competition program implies acceptance of all the terms & conditions associated with the competition program.
First Published: Jan 13, 2012 23:37 IST