Chief secy hails arrangements at Indore's MY Hospital
State chief secretary Anthony JC De Sa on Wednesday visited MY Hospital, which has witnessed protests from junior doctors association during the last week, to inspect health care facilities at the institute.indore Updated: Jul 02, 2015 17:37 IST
State chief secretary Anthony JC De Sa on Wednesday visited MY Hospital, which has witnessed protests from junior doctors association during the last week, to inspect health care facilities at the institute.
Accompanied by divisional commissioner Sanjay Dubey and collector P Narhari, the chief secretary visited the fifth floor where a doctor was mishandled by the attendants of a patient.
The senior officials reviewed various arrangements at the hospital, particularly the security measures.
Praising the entire work undertaken in the Kayakalp mission, he announced that on July 9, the principal medical education along with the dean of other medical colleges will be visiting MY Hospital to view the entire work at the hospital.
“The chief secretary visited all the areas of the hospital where Kayakalp had been undertaken, and then visited the ones where it was yet to be carried out. He seemed to be completely satisfied with the work and said that the entire approach of renovating a government hospital is a great effort,” said Dr AD Bhatnagar.
Though no declaration of any sort was made by the secretary on his visit he assured the hospital administration that the funds for the cardiac centre and burns unit would be released soon.
“He told us that a meeting will be taken by him in Bhopal and he would try and find out the delay in such a case,” said divisional commissioner Sanjay Dubey.
Speaking about the recent proposal of selecting smart cities from the state De Sa said, “The recent policy of creating smart cities will benefit a number of cities in the state. Considering the fact that Indore has a lot of potential the chances of it being declared are also high.”
Saying that the final call in deciding which city will get the benefit will be decided by the centre only he said, “In the first phase two cities will be selected. They will get a budget of Rs 100 crore each. In the next phase five cities will be shortlisted.”
First Published: Jul 02, 2015 17:30 IST