Cylinder blast in Andheri building leaves three hurt
Three people were injured in a fire that broke out owing to a cylinder blast on the fourth floor of a residential building in Andheri on Sunday.
Though the fire was doused within 40 minutes, a majority of the household goods were burnt in the blaze. The injured are being treated at Cooper Hospital.
The injured included Deep Desai, 35, who sustained 32-35% burns with significant facial injury. Along with Desai, 60-year-old Nilima Rawan sustained a head injury. Both were rushed to Cooper Hospital after being rescued.
Amandip Singh, another 27-year-old resident of the building, sustained a minor leg injury. He was treated at the hospital and discharged.
“The fire broke out around 11am in two apartments on the fourth storey, 403 and 404, of the ground-plus-seven structure in Yari Road. We have still not confirmed the exact cause and it will only be determined after proper inquiry. The fire was confined to electric wirings, installations and furniture of the house,” said a senior fire official. The fire brigade doused the blaze with the help of two fire engines and two jumbo water tankers.