Daycare centre assault: Cops record statements of other parents
The police are trying to determine whether other children were also assaultedmumbai Updated: Nov 28, 2016 13:04 IST
The police have started recording the statements of parents who send their children to the Kharghar playschool at which a nine-month-old girl was assaulted last week.
The police are trying to determine whether other children were also assaulted.
The centre has been locked ever since the police registered a case against the owner and the help for assaulting the infant on November 21.
The police said the centre was set up four years ago and several children from Sector 10 in Kharghar are sent there.
“We have called the parents of the other children who were sent to the centre to ask if they too had similar experiences. So far, we have recorded the statements of four parents. None of them said their children were assaulted at the centre,” said Dilip Kale, senior police inspector, Kharghar police station.
The infant’s family met chief minister Devendra Fadnavis on Sunday to ask for strong action to be taken against the guilty parties. They also requested him to fast-track the trial. He assured the family that he would help them. He also said regulatory mechanisms will be introduced at all crèches and play schools across the state. He added that the incident disturbed him and he would personally look into it.
The infant’s family alleged that initially, the police did not take the case seriously. They also said there were delays in the case being registered. Navi Mumbai police commissioner Hemant Nagrale has ordered an enquiry to verify the allegations. On Saturday, the police appointed an inspector to investigate the case, which was earlier being probed by a sub-inspector.