Fire at Sion Koliwada, 5 injured | mumbai news | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Aug 18, 2018-Saturday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Fire at Sion Koliwada, 5 injured

mumbai Updated: Jul 27, 2016 12:17 IST
HT Correspondent
HT Correspondent
Hindustan Times

Five people, including a nine-year-old girl, were injured in a fire that broke out after a gas leak at a slum in Sion Koliwada on Wednesday morning.

According to the police, the incident took place when Nambirajan Thevar,40, was attempting to replace the cylinder .

“As the cylinder was leaking, Nambirajan got it. At that instant, Bhagwan Prajapati,50, from a nearby sweet shop turned on a stove to make samosas. This led to the fire,” said Murugan, a relative of Thevar, who lives in the vicinity.

Nambirajan and Bhagwan suffered burns . Nambirajan’s wife Mahalaxmi,36, too, sustained minor burns.

Sundari T, 35, and her daughter Indira, who live in the neighborhood room have been injured.

The Antop hill police are recording statements of the witnesses. The injured have been admitted to Sion hospital.

First Published: Jul 27, 2016 12:10 IST