New Delhi -°C
Today in New Delhi, India

Nov 14, 2019-Thursday



Select city

Metro cities - Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata

Other cities - Noida, Gurgaon, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Bhopal , Chandigarh , Dehradun, Indore, Jaipur, Lucknow, Patna, Ranchi

Thursday, Nov 14, 2019

Three-year-old Mumbai boy dies after boiling water falls on him

While the incident occurred on February 17, the boy died on March 6.

mumbai Updated: Mar 08, 2017 22:23 IST
Jayprakash S Naidu
Jayprakash S Naidu
Hindustan Times
While the incident occurred on February 17, the boy died on March 6.
While the incident occurred on February 17, the boy died on March 6.(Pic for Representation)

After battling for life for over two weeks, a three-year-old boy died on Monday after a utensil filled with boiled water fell on him at his Santacruz residence recently. He sustained 50% burns and was declared dead at a government hospital in Goregaon.

According to the Santacruz police, the incident took place on February 17 around 7.30 pm when the deceased identified as Hemant Prem Singh, 3, was playing at his home in Phoolwali chawl in Gazdar Band in Santacruz west. He succumbed to his injuries on Monday evening (March 6) around 5.30 pm, said the police.

A police official from Santacruz said, “Hemant’s mother was busy feeding her one-year-old boy while he was playing near the gas stove. Her mother had kept rice in a utensil containing boiled water to cook it. Hemant pulled the pipe of the stove and the utensil containing boiling water fell on him.”

Hemant suffered burn injuries on his neck and abdomen. He was rushed to Sion Hospital by his parents and later shifted to a municipal hospital in Goregaon on Monday for better treatment. However, Hemant died the same day he was shifted to the second hospital.

The Santacruz police have registered a case of accidental death. An official investigating the case said the mother cannot be held negligent adding it was an unfortunate incident. Hemant’s father works at a food stall.


Gurgaon: Toddler dies after falling into bucketful of scalding hot water

13-year-old girl dies after fasting for more than two months for Jain ritual