Woman, daughter found dead in Greater Noida apartment; son is prime suspect

Updated on Dec 09, 2017 09:10 PM IST

Police suspect the murder has been committed by the sixteen year old son, who has been spotted leaving the house in the CCTV footage.

The mother-daughter duo were found with a blood-stained cricket bat lying next to them.((Sunil Ghosh/HT))
The mother-daughter duo were found with a blood-stained cricket bat lying next to them.((Sunil Ghosh/HT))
Hindustan Times, Greater Noida | By

A woman and her daughter were found dead inside their flat in Gaur City-2 township on Wednesday, two days after they were allegedly murdered by her son, a minor, police said. Rs 2 lakh in cash kept in a cupboard was reported missing.

“We suspect the murder was committed by the 16-year-old boy, who is missing. The father has refrained from making any statement. We registered a case of murder against unknown person(s). Our priority is to trace the boy to ascertain the sequence of events,” Bisrakh station house officer Ajay Kumar Sharma said.

The woman is 42 years old and daughter is 11. The matter was reported after the woman did not respond to her husband’s call for two days, police said.

Their bodies were found on a bed in a semi-decomposed state. Their faces were disfigured with a sharp object, and there was froth around the girl’s mouth, police said, adding that they may have first been poisoned before they were battered with a cricket bat that was found with blood stains near the bodies.

The autopsy report is awaited, police said.

The husband owns a showroom in Noida, and had left for Surat, Gujarat, for work on Monday morning. His parents, who live with him, were out in Uttarakhand for a wedding when the incident took place.

The had shifted to the 4BHK flat in April this year.

“The husband first got suspicious when his calls around 10.30pm on Monday went unanswered. On Tuesday morning, he asked his neighbours to check on his family; He was told that the door is locked. On Tuesday night, when he called his wife again, her cellphone was switched off prompting him to call his cousin, who reached the flat to find it locked. He waited for someone to respond from inside the house, and called the police after some time,” Bisrakh station house officer Ajay Kumar Sharma said.

A police team rushed to the spot and broke the door open.

Police said the murder took place on Monday night. While assessing the CCTV footage during preliminary investigation, the boy can be seen leaving the society with his mother and sister around 7pm and returning with them around 8.45pm on Monday.

The boy is next seen walking out of the housing complex with a backpack at 11pm on Monday. This time, the boy is seen wearing a different set of clothes, police said, adding they also found a bloodstained T-shirt and a pair of pajamas inside the flat.

“The CCTV footage does not show any other person entering or leaving the flat. Also, there was no entry against the flat in the visitors’ logbook with the security guards,” said the SHO, who is investigating the case.

“The boy, who studies in a reputed private school, was not doing well academically for the past few months and his father had confiscated his cellphone in September,” Kumar said.


    Sohil Sehran was part of Hindustan Times’ nationwide network of correspondents that brings news, analysis and information to its readers. He no longer works with the Hindustan Times.

Story Saved
Saved Articles
My Reads
My Offers
Sign out
New Delhi 0C
Thursday, February 09, 2023
Start 15 Days Free Trial Subscribe Now
Register Free and get Exciting Deals