Amitabh Bachchan to debut in Tamil with SJ Suryah film. See pics
Actor SJ Suryah on Thursday announced his upcoming project and left K’town stunned. The director-actor will be working with Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan in his next, titled Uyarndha Manidhan. The film will be directed by Tha Tamilvaanan, who is on cloud nine about working with Amitabh.
He said at a press conference, “What else can I ask for? This is more than a dream come true for me. To have the country’s most celebrated superstar Amitabh Bachchan sir onboard, it’s no more a pan-Indian film, for his iconic presence on global panorama will bring unparalleled attraction.”
Actor SJ Suryah, who will be playing the lead role in the film, also spoke at the conference and said, “Even before I ventured into showbiz as an assistant director, I craved for this moment to work with him. Now, to see it happening is great, but at the same time, creates nervousness to the core to imagine and see that I am going to share the screen space with him.”
The film is produced by K Suresh Kannan of Thiruchendur Murugan Productions in association with Five Elements Pictures. The movie will be made in Tamil and Hindi. Amitabh Bachchan is also set to make a debut in Telugu with Chiranjeevi-starrer, Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Anushka Sharma shared a post on mothers on the occasion of International Women's Day. She said that 'strong' and 'resilient ones' need to be celebrated.
- Kishwer Merchant dropped a comment on a video of Kangana Ranaut at the airport, asking, "How is this woman never in a mask?'
- Even though Prince Harry and Meghan Markle admitted to having watched Netflix's The Crown, the show's creator, Peter Morgan, had previously said that he has no intention of telling their story on the series.
- Esha Deol revealed that while her mother Hema Malini did not cry at her 'bidaai', she could not hold back her emotions afterwards.
- Lisa Haydon, who is currently expecting her third child with husband Dino Lalvani, shared a special post featuring her 'very little woman' on International Women's Day.
- Aamir Khan and Elli AvrRam burn up the dance floor in the first teaser for their song, Har Funn Maula. Watch it here.
- Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui's brother Shamas has reacted to news of that Nawaz and his wife, Aaliya, are willing to reconcile. Aaliya had accused Shamas of physical abuse.
- Kriti Sanon slipped and almost fell before a posing session for the paparazzi on Monday. Watch the video here.
- Janhvi Kapoor was spotted at the Mumbai airport over the weekend. During her exit from the airport, her staff member stopped a fan from taking a picture with the actor. Janhvi tackled the situation calmly.
- Boney Kapoor said that he was fortunate to have 'some of the strongest women in the world' in his life -- late wife Sridevi, and daughters Janhvi Kapoor, Khushi Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor.
- Despite cancelling divorce proceedings, Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife, Aaliya, has said that they aren't yet living with each other.
- Shilpa Shetty's husband Raj Kundra shared a funny and cute video of the two of them to celebrate his wife and an 'amazing role model'.