- The WHO’s nod for Covaxin’s emergency use authorisation is necessary for its widespread acceptability as a safe and effective vaccine.
Published on Oct 19, 2021 12:27 AM IST
Despite first human cases of Covid-19 reported in Wuhan, China has repeatedly dismissed theories. A WHO-led team spent four weeks in and around Wuhan earlier this year, insisting that the virus had probably been transmitted from bats to humans through another animal but further research was needed.
Updated on Oct 14, 2021 08:04 AM IST
Reuters | | Posted by Zarafshan Shiraz, Geneva
AIIMS director Dr Randeep Guleria said that he is hopeful Covaxin will soon be able to receive the WHO nod and travelling overseas will become easier for those who have taken both shots of the coronavirus vaccine.
Updated on Oct 01, 2021 06:26 PM IST
Written by Sharangee Dutta | Edited by Poulomi Ghosh, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
- The company was responding to reports that said the grant of EUL could be delayed further as WHO had more technical queries regarding the inactivated whole virus vaccine.
Updated on Sep 29, 2021 03:13 AM IST
- The WHO has downgraded alpha, beta, gamma along with three other variants - eta, iota and kappa, as they are being outcompeted by delta.
Published on Sep 23, 2021 08:30 AM IST
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Ayshee Bhaduri | Edited by Amit Chaturvedi, Hindustan Time, New Delhi
Published on Sep 22, 2021 02:25 PM IST
- Sharing a tweet, the WHO chief wrote, “Thank you Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya for announcing India will resume crucial Covid vaccine shipments to COVAX in October.”
Published on Sep 22, 2021 10:56 AM IST
Published on Aug 28, 2021 01:46 PM IST
- The effect of the coronavirus disease among children had been mostly mild and the severity much less than that in the adult population, said World Health Organization (WHO) chief scientist Dr Soumya Swaminthan, even as she stressed the importance of having a well-developed paediatric infrastructure.
Published on Aug 25, 2021 02:33 PM IST
- The WHO said the closure of the Hamid Karzai International Airport to commercial flights has held up deliveries to nearly 18.5 million people of Afghanistan, who rely on aid and humanitarian needs.
Published on Aug 23, 2021 11:00 PM IST
Reuters | | Posted by Sharangee Dutta, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
- On Thursday the WHO urged China to share raw data from the earliest Covid-19 cases to revive its probe into the origins of the disease.
Updated on Aug 13, 2021 11:17 AM IST
- WHO scientist also noted that the impact of the pandemic will last a long time on children's mental, physical and cognitive well-being.
Published on Aug 11, 2021 02:28 PM IST
By hindustantimes.com, New Deli
Children are not at greater risk, Dr Swaminathan said, citing ICMR data which shows that children have been exposed to the virus in the previous waves.
Published on Aug 06, 2021 08:02 PM IST
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Poulomi Ghosh
- The halt on third doses should be in place until at least the end of September, director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said at a media briefing on Wednesday.
Published on Aug 05, 2021 05:30 AM IST
Agencies | , Geneva
Published on Jul 22, 2021 05:45 PM IST
The number of Games-linked Covid-19 cases in Japan this month was 79 on Wednesday, with more international athletes testing positive at home and unable to travel.
Published on Jul 21, 2021 10:08 AM IST
- WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus urged China to cooperate in the second phase of investigation into the origins of the coronavirus
Published on Jul 16, 2021 04:28 PM IST
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Ayshee Bhaduri | Edited by Avik Roy, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
- WHO director-general Tedros Ghebreyesus said deaths were again rising due to the pandemic and the Delta variant was becoming dominant.
Published on Jul 13, 2021 03:50 AM IST
Agencies | , Geneva, London
Bharat Biotech also attended a pre-submission meeting scheduled with representatives of WHO on June 23.
Updated on Jul 13, 2021 01:55 AM IST
WHO has been urging nations to exercise abundant caution while relaxing Covid-19 preventative measures once cases start to decline
Published on Jul 10, 2021 03:24 PM IST
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Ayshee Bhaduri | Edited by Poulomi Ghosh, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
- One of the scenarios assume that without the presence of any further mutant of Covid-19, people’s lives can go back to normal by August
Updated on Jul 03, 2021 08:13 PM IST
- The country recommended that people take Pfizer or Moderna as their second jab against Covid-19 four weeks after being administered with AstraZeneca’s shot
Published on Jul 03, 2021 03:54 PM IST
- Talking about mixing of Covid-19 vaccine doses, Dr Randeep Guleria said that more data is needed before it can be said that the policy should be tried
Published on Jul 01, 2021 12:21 PM IST
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Sharangee Dutta | Edited by Amit Chaturvedi
- Sputnik V is “one of the best Covid vaccines in the world” and its inoculation helps in creating a durable immunity and also to return to a normal life, RDIF CEO Kirill Dmitriev said in a statement
Published on Jun 29, 2021 03:54 PM IST
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Sharangee Dutta | Edited by Avik Roy
- She pointed out that several students, aspiring to go overseas, have got themselves vaccinated with Covaxin doses, and their career is at stake
Published on Jun 24, 2021 07:52 PM IST
Travellers entering Egypt must present QR-coded certificates claiming that they have received their full doses of one of the six Covid-19 vaccines approved by Egypt and the WHO at least two weeks before their arrival.
Updated on Jun 24, 2021 04:11 PM IST
- WHO inspectors also identified issues with traceability and identification of new batches of the Sputnik V vaccine
Published on Jun 23, 2021 10:39 PM IST
By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Ayshee Bhaduri, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
- In a major boost to Bharat Biotech, the WHO on June 18 accepted its Expression of Interest (EoI) for Covaxin and scheduled a pre-submission meeting for Wednesday.
Updated on Jun 23, 2021 09:35 AM IST
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Deepali Sharma | Edited by Amit Chaturvedi, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
Published on Jun 22, 2021 10:49 AM IST
- The SARS-CoV-2 seropositivity rate among children was high in comparison to the adults in the survey that was conducted in five selected states with a total sample size of 10,000 by WHO-AIIMS.
Published on Jun 17, 2021 08:10 PM IST
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Deepali Sharma | Edited by Poulomi Ghosh, Hindustan Times, New Delhi