indian cricket team]
Latest from indian cricket team
- Former India opener Virender Sehwag has credited Anil Kumble for reviving his Test career. Sehwag, who was dropped from the India Test team in early 2007 went almost a year without playing another Test match, before finally earning a call back during Kumble's tenure as captain in late 2007.
- BCCI president Sourav Ganguly reserved the ultimate praise for the youngster, who has been one of the finds of the 15th season of the cash-rich league
- Former chairman of selectors MSK Prasad was particularly disappointed with one of those few exclusions, admitted that the India star “has definitely missed the bus”
- Virender Sehwag is India's fifth-highest run-scorer in Tests with 8503 runs but the former opener says that had he not gotten dropped from the team for 11 months, he could have ended his career with over 10,000 runs in the format.
ByHT Sports Desk, New Delhi
- Karthik, who last played for India in the 2019 World Cup in England, was included in the 18-member squad for the five-match T20I series against South Africa set to begin on June 9. A very happy and satisfied Karthik termed this as "most special" comeback.