Latest from michael atherton
- Atherton said it was fantastic achievement by New Zealand to reach the maiden T20 World Cup final with limited personnel and money. New Zealand beat England in the semi-final to book their spot in the final.
Published on Nov 11, 2021 11:56 AM IST
- Reacting to the outcome of the match, former England captain Michael Atherton weighed in on the result, calling India's defeat in the blockbuster match a 'hammering'.
Updated on Oct 25, 2021 11:23 AM IST
England on Sunday named their best available squad, with all-rounders Ben Stokes and Sam Curran missing out, although paceman Stuart Broad was included despite a calf injury.
Updated on Oct 11, 2021 01:35 PM IST
- Atherton called ECB's statement ‘feeble’ and said it wanted to ‘hide behind it’ while not addressing the actual concerns behind their decision to pull out of the Pakistan tour.
Published on Sep 25, 2021 07:53 PM IST
- Michael Atherton believes that Covid-19 or the IPL alone is not a factor and that three factors overall and their combination resulted in the abandonment of the 5th and final Test at the Old Trafford Cricket Stadium in Manchester.
Updated on Sep 13, 2021 11:37 AM IST
Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion at 1pm. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
Published on Sep 06, 2021 12:48 PM IST
Former England captain Michael Atherton weighed in on England's chances of going 2-1 up and whether the pitch will turn up to assist Indian bowlers on the final day.
Updated on Sep 06, 2021 10:13 AM IST
Former England skipper Michael Atherton commented on the all-important match that starts from June 18. He compared the two nations and the contrasting nature of their rise.
Published on Jun 14, 2021 08:32 AM IST
- Anil Kumble and Sachin Tendulkar emerged stars as India crushed England 3-0 at home in the 1993 Test series.
Updated on Jun 04, 2021 02:52 PM IST
- Michael Atherton feels it will be a tough task for the BCCI to stage the remainder of IPL 2021 this year given the packed calendar that lies ahead.
Updated on May 05, 2021 02:39 PM IST
- India vs England: Michael Atherton feels three teams are most capable of winning the T20 World Cup later this year, one of which he feels are 'favourites'.
Updated on Mar 22, 2021 07:40 AM IST
- India vs England: The win by India in the 4th T20I was the first by a team batting first in the series, with former England captain Michael Atherton asserting that this quality is what makes India a dangerous team.
Updated on Mar 21, 2021 11:55 AM IST
- With as many as 28 of the 30 wickets to fall to spin, it can get difficult to judge one ball that stood out in the match.
Updated on Feb 28, 2021 01:57 PM IST
Broad put up scintillating performances in the remaining two Tests. He ended the third day of the series decider with 499 Test wickets, just one short of the coveted 500 mark.
Updated on Jul 27, 2020 03:59 PM IST
Archer apologised for the lapse, which wasn’t specified in the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) statement but ‘BBC Test Match Special’ said that the speedster had visited his home in Brighton after the first Test.
Updated on Jul 16, 2020 05:18 PM IST
London |Press Trust of India
Michael Atherton, the former England opener, has backed Rohit to do well and his belief stems from the fact that Indian cricketers are more a product of learning while playing than being loaded with a set of coaching manuals.
Updated on Jun 27, 2020 09:28 AM IST
Hindustan Times, New Delhi |hindustantimes.com
‘What gives India hope against Australia is their bowling’: Atherton lists two things that give Virat Kohli’s men a chance Down Under
It’s almost impossible to win in Australia without a good bowling attack, reckons Atherton, who is highly impressed with the depth in India’s fast bowling.
Updated on Jun 26, 2020 09:26 PM IST
Hindustan Times, New Delhi |hindustantimes.com
Atherton batted for the idea keeping in mind the upcoming series between England and West Indies, starting July 8 which will be played in in a bio-secure environment.
Updated on Jun 06, 2020 09:05 PM IST
Hindustan Times, New Delhi |hindustantimes.com | Edited by Aditya Bhattacharya
Ambrose insisted that though he was new, he never liked to be called second best and that he always wanted to be the best.
Updated on May 27, 2020 12:18 PM IST
New Delhi |Press Trust of India
Commenting on the Pakistan team which has over the years produced greats, Atherton said: “When I played against them, they had some great bowlers in particular.”
Updated on Apr 11, 2020 01:53 PM IST
Lahore |Indo Asian News Service
Familiarity due to T20 leagues shouldn’t kill national teams’ identity, feels former England captain Michael Atherton
Speaking at a discussion at Sourav Ganguly’s book release at the Lord’s, former England captain Mike Atherton agreed that world cricket has seen a shift from West to East for cricketing education.
Published on Jul 10, 2018 09:26 PM IST
Hindustan Times, London | Sanjjeev K Samyal
It was Shane Warne’s first ball in an Ashes series and he established his reputation as one of the game’s finest bowlers by sending Mike Gatting back to the pavilion
Updated on Jun 04, 2018 02:49 PM IST
Hindustan Times | HT Correspondent
In light of the spot-fixing claims being made by Al Jazeera’s sting operation, Michael Atherton said he felt it unlikely that top test players would engage in such activity given the risks to their careers.
Published on May 28, 2018 05:58 PM IST
Reuters, London |Reuters