Maggot in chicken biryani? Swiggy offers Hyderabad man ₹64 refund for ₹318 order | Trending - Hindustan Times
close_game
close_game

Maggot in chicken biryani? Swiggy offers Hyderabad man 64 refund for 318 order

Jun 24, 2024 04:39 PM IST

After the Hyderabad customer registered a complaint with Swiggy customer care, the company offered a refund of ₹64 for chicken biryani worth ₹318.

In yet another horror of horrors, a Hyderabad resident claims to have found a maggot in chicken biryani ordered via Swiggy. The man raised a complaint with Swiggy, and the company offered him a refund of 64 for the foreign matter inside the food.

Hyderabad: Maggot was found in chicken biryani ordered via Swiggy. (X/@Karlmarx__07)
Hyderabad: Maggot was found in chicken biryani ordered via Swiggy. (X/@Karlmarx__07)

Read| Vande Bharat passengers claim finding dead cockroach in meal, IRCTC imposes penalty on service provider

“Mehfil biryani, Kukatpally. Bugs in chicken pieces,” wrote X user Sai Teja while tagging the Commissioner of Food Safety, Telangana, on X.

The X user added, “This is the response from Swiggy - refund of 64rs for a bill of 318: Order Id - 178009783111586. Please stop ordering from Mehfil Kukatpally.”

The pictures shared by Teja on X show a maggot in one of the chicken pieces in biryani. The user also shared a screengrab of the conversation with Swiggy customer care.

“Got bug in piece,” wrote Teja in the chatbox.

Also Read| Dead frog ‘found’ in chips packet in Gujarat’s Jamnagar, investigation underway

The Swiggy customer care representative responded, “We’re sorry that the order did not meet your expectations.”

“Packaging of dishes is handled solely by the restaurant. However, since you are a valued customer of ours, we’d like to compensate you for your unsatisfactory experience. As a token of apology, we can offer you a refund of 64 for the affected items,” the messages further read.

Take a look at the post here:

Earlier, a resident of Gujarat claimed to have found a rat in sambar while dining at a restaurant in Ahmedabad. He raised the issue with the owner of the restaurant, but after an unsatisfactory response from him, the matter was escalated to the health department of Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC).

The department promptly responded to the complaint and visited the restaurant’s kitchen. They found it open, with access to rodents and other animals and deemed it unsafe. The authorities further sealed the restaurant and issued a notice to the owner of the restaurant.

The notice directed the owner to address the food safety issues immediately to avoid any further repercussions.

Catch every big hit, every wicket with Crickit, a one stop destination for Live Scores, Match Stats, Infographics & much more. Explore now!

See more

Get Latest Updates on Trending News Viral News, Video, Photos and Weather Updates of India and around the world

SHARE THIS ARTICLE ON
Share this article
SHARE
Story Saved
Live Score
OPEN APP
Saved Articles
Following
My Reads
Sign out
New Delhi 0C
Monday, July 15, 2024
Start 14 Days Free Trial Subscribe Now
Follow Us On