Today in New Delhi, India
Nov 15, 2018-Thursday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Rat in Anganwadi meal, three children taken ill

Three children fell ill after consuming meal at an Anganwadi centre, in which a dead rat was found on Monday afternoon. The kids had to be admitted to Bundelkhand Medical College.

bhopal Updated: May 29, 2018 13:33 IST
Anupam Pateriya
Anupam Pateriya
Hindustan Times, Bhopal
rat,MP,Bundelkhand
(HT file photo/Arun Mondhe)

Sagar: Three children fell ill after consuming meal at an Anganwadi centre, in which a dead rat was found on Monday afternoon. The kids had to be admitted to Bundelkhand Medical College.

Women and Child Development department’s district programme officer Pradeep Rai has suspend two Aganwadi workers and initiated inquiry in this matter.

According to information the incident took place in Semrabagh village, Lalpura locality. As the Anganwadi workers had not come, the landlady of the building where Anganwadi is situated took the meal prepared by a self-help group in her utensil and started distributing it among children. As the children starting eating the ‘khichri’ the dead rat was spotted in the utensil following which the authorities were informed.

DPO Pradeep Rai said he went to the village and suspended Anganwadi worker Kusum Lata and assistant Savita Bansal have been suspended.

Rai also said it was wrong on part of the landlady to distribute food, it should be done by the Angwanwadi workers.

First Published: May 29, 2018 13:33 IST