Anushka Sharma, Virat Kohli attacked by mother of ‘shamed’ man, says fears for son’s safety
Virat Kohli’s video recording of wife, actor Anushka Sharma, admonishing a man for littering has gone viral and now the man and his family are in a retaliatory mode. On Sunday, the man, Arhhan Singh, described the actor’s behavior as that of a “crazy roadside person” and now his mother, Gittanjali Elizabeth, has written a long post on Instagram saying that she is concerned for her son’s safety after Virat and Anushka’s “cheap stunt in the name of cleanliness!”
“As a mother,I would like to state that you have not only shamed my son @arhhansingh on social media by not blurring his face, but you’ve also exposed him to unwanted hostility.... and danger from fanatics for such a small thing that you claim he has done but have no proof of anyways ? I am concerned about my sons SAFTEY !!!,” the woman wrote.
She went on to ask them to get their own lane cleaned up and added, “You may be #AnushkaSharma or #viraatkohli in your house or on screen & the field...but on the streets you are just a citizen trying to correct another... DO IT WITH KINDNESS ....fear karma . And just FYI , he did not react badly, not coz of who you both are.. we couldnt care less,but only because he has a decent upbringing !”
Anushka had pulled up the man for littering while Virat recorded the incident on video. In the 17-second-long clip, the actor can be seen scolding the man sitting in a chauffeur-driven dark sedan for littering the streets. The video, however, did not capture the man in the act.
“Why are you throwing garbage on the road, you cannot just throw plastic on the streets just like that,” Sharma can be heard as saying in the video shared by Kohli on Twitter
She then asks the man to use a dustbin instead of throwing garbage on the streets.
Virat had shared the video and written, “Saw these people throwing garbage on the road & pulled them up rightfully. Travelling in a luxury car and brains gone for a toss. These people will keep our country clean? Yeah right! If you see something wrong happening like this, do the same & spread awareness. @AnushkaSharma.”
He further called out people for turning everything on social media into a meme. “Lot of people who don’t have the courage to do something like this find it funny. Everything for people nowadays is meme content. Shame,” he wrote in another tweet.
The man, in his Instagram post, targeted Anushka and wrote, “Horrible! So I happened to carelessly litter a square millimetre of plastic while driving! A car passing by rolls their window down and there we have our wonderful Anushka Sharma ranting and yelling like a crazy roadside person! While I’m apologetic for my carelessness, Mrs Anushka Sharma Kohli a little etiquette and politeness in your dialogue wouldn’t have made you a lesser star! There are all kinds of manners and hygiene... verbal etiquette is one of them!”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Director Chaitanya Tamhane's The Disciple, which opened to critical acclaim at the Venice and Toronto film festivals, has been nominated in the Best International Film category at the 36th annual Independent Spirit Awards. Adarsh Gourav has been nominated for Best Male Lead, for The White Tiger.
- Amitabh Bachchan showed off his new Covid-19 mask on social media, and his grandchildren -- Navya and Agastya Nanda -- couldn't get enough of it.
- Producer Boney Kapoor and his Maidaan director, Amit Sharma, are miffed about RRR potentially clashing with their film at the box office.
- Hrithik Roshan has shared a rare picture with ex-brother-in-law Zayed Khan, who accompanied him on a hike. See the picture here.
- Designer Manish Malhotra has shared a behind-the-scenes video of Varun Dhawan getting fitted for his wedding with Natasha Dalal. Watch the video here.
- Shah Rukh Khan's wife, Gauri Khan, has shared a throwback photo from Paris, leaving Maheep Kapoor and Malaika Arora in awe.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut, in an incendiary video, has called for everybody who supported the 'so-called' farmers' protests to be jailed.
- "The whole world is laughing at us today," Kangana Ranaut wrote in a new tweet, targeting Diljit Dosanjh and Priyanka Chopra.
- Actor Salman Khan, in his Republic Day message for fans, called for unity. Read what he has to say here.