Deepika Padukone jokes she and Ranveer Singh have hypersomnia, a condition where one can sleep for 15-20 hours
Actor Deepika Padukone in her new Instagram story has poked fun at her sleep patterns during the coronavirus lockdown. Sharing a factoid about a condition known as ‘hypersomnia’, Deepika wrote that it reminded her of someone.
“Me,” she wrote in her story, and tagged husband Ranveer Singh. The factoid shared by her read, “‘Hypersomnia’ is a condition where a person can sleep for 12 to 15 hours but still wake up feeling tired.”
Deepika has spoken about Ranveer’s long sleeping hours previously. In an interview with journalist Rajeev Masand, she said, “I have to say, he’s the easiest person to live with in this scenario. He’s sleeping for about 20 hours, which really allows me time to do things that I want to do.” Deepika added, “For the four hours that he’s awake, we’re either watching a movie, eating, exercising. He’s a real joy to be with at this time. No demands, no hassles, he’s very easy.”
Deepika had previously shared a picture of a sleeping Ranveer, on whose forehead she’d stuck a label that read ‘husband’. “Season 1:Episode 7: & while I was at it... @ranveersingh #wannabemariekondo #thinkitookittoofar Productivity in the time of COVID-19!” she wrote in her caption.
The couple also made a donation to the PM-Cares coronavirus relief fund recently. However, they did not reveal an amount. “In times like these, every bit counts. We humbly pledge to contribute to the PM-CARES FUND, and hope that you will too. We’re all in this together, and we shall overcome. Jai Hind,” the two wrote.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut took to Twitter and dropped a vague description of a man who she believes is running a social media smear campaign against her.
- Swara Bhasker lashed out at a man who made an unsavoury comment about her being on the cover of Vogue magazine. She called him a "pretentious half-wit pretending to be ‘elite’".
- Rohan Shrestha's father, Rakesh Shrestha, said that he would be very happy if his son and Shraddha Kapoor decide to get married.
- Rakesh Roshan took to social media and revealed he received the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine shot. He also pointed out the uniqueness of the day.
- Alia Bhatt took to Instagram and shared new production pictures from the upcoming movie Brahmastra. The actor stars with Ranbir Kapoor and Amitabh Bachchan in the movie.
- Actor Hazel Keech, the wife of cricketer Yuvraj Singh, announced that she is going on a social media detox. She said that she will be back but 'not too soon'.
- Kangana Ranaut is 'thrilled' to know how she is 'awesome at everything' she does. On Thursday, she shared photos of her smoothie bowl, after many claimed that she had pulled the picture off the internet.
- Parineeti Chopra has unveiled the teaser of her upcoming film Saina. She plays badminton player Saina Nehwal in the film.