High tourist inflow leads to traffic congestion in Manali
Owing to high tourist inflow due to Christmas holidays, hundreds of vehicles were stuck in a 4-km long traffic jam on Manali-Solang Highway.
Solang Nala, one of the most popular tourist spots in Kullu district, has attracted many domestic tourists from Delhi, Punjab, Haryana and other states.
Supriya, a tourist from Bangalore, said, “The traffic here is too much. We hired a cab but ended up walking with our luggage as the cab got stuck in the traffic jam and we had no other option but to get down.”
Raman Gharsanghi, sub divisional magistrate, Manali, said “The jam has been cleared but the traffic movement is still slow due to the high tourist inflow.”
Cold wave continues in HP
Despite the state witnessing a dry sunny day, cold weather continued to prevail in Himachal Pradesh. Dense fog was witnessed in Una district and south-west part of Kangra district. The minimum and maximum temperatures were one to two degrees below normal.
Manmohan Singh, director of state meteorological department, said “The weather is likely to remain dry throughout the month and the state might not witness any snowfall at the end of the year.”
The minimum temperature in state’s capital Shimla was 2.2°C while the maximum temperature was 14.1°C. The minimum temperature in Kufri was -1.0 degrees and maximum was 5.2 degrees.
Minimum temperature in hill stations Manali, Dalhousie and Dharamshala was -2.8, 2.7 and 2.2 degrees while maximum temperature was 10.8, 10.7 and 10.4 degrees, respectively.
Minimum and maximum temperature in Kalpa, Kinnaur district, was -4.4 and 4.3 degrees.
The lowest temperature in the state was -12.4°C which was recorded in Keylong in Lahaul-Spiti district while the highest temperature in the state was 23.8°C which was recorded in Berthin, Bilaspur district.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Residence and official premises of Kashyap and Pannu in Versova, Goregaon and Andheri were raided.
- In a two-page statement, Sasikala urged the AIADMK cadre to stay united and defeat the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) in the assembly polls.
- In terms of overall vote share, the AAP got 46.1% of the total votes cast. The Congress and the BJP got 27.29% and 21.84% respectively, according to election commission data.
- Chautala, however, also made it clear that the government will make an exemption in the reservation if a company fails to find local skilled employees.
- According to media reports, some girls from Ashadeep hostel in Jalgaon complained that people from outside and policemen were allowed to enter the facility on the pretext of a probe and some girls were forced to strip and dance.
- To be sure, Mr Hashim admits he has good feelings for a few other dishes, too.