Fire breaks out at Antriksh Bhawan in central Delhi
Today in New Delhi, India
Jan 18, 2019-Friday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Fire breaks out at Antriksh Bhawan in central Delhi

Fire reported in Antriksh Bhawan at KG Marg near Connaught Place. 17 fire tenders were sent to control the blaze in central Delhi. No casualties were reported.

delhi Updated: May 10, 2017 12:37 IST
HT Correspondent
HT Correspondent
Hindustan Times, New Delhi
Fire,Connaught Place,K G Marg
A fire broke out on the 11th floor of Antriksh Bhawan in Delhi this morning. (Ajay Aggrawal/HT Photo)

A fire broke out at Antriksh Bhawan on Kasturba Gandhi Marg, near Connaught Place on Wednesday this morning.

The fire began on the 11th floor of the complex in central Delhi around 8:30 am, a fire official said.

Seventeen fire tenders were rushed to the spot and the fire was controlled in 30 minutes.

“There has been no loss of life,” the official added.

Antriksh Bhawan houses several offices. However, not many people were at the complex because of Buddh Purnima, a public holiday in Delhi. Hence, the situation did not escalate.

Sudhir Kashyap, owner of the stock broking office where the fire began, said, “It happened due to a short circuit in the air-conditioning at the office.”

He said his son had a narrow escape as the door of the office had caught fire as well.

Last week, a fire also broke out at the Parikrama revolving restaurant, also located in Antriksh Bhawan. The restaurant is located on the top floor of the complex and the fire began in the kitchen. Nine fire tenders were used to contain the blaze. No one was injured.

First Published: May 10, 2017 12:34 IST