NIOS student approaches High Court for admission, challenges Delhi government circular
Delhi High Court on Wednesday sought response from Delhi Government on a petition filed by a student Annu Kumari challenging validity of Delhi Government circular issued in August last year prescribing minimum 55 per cent mark for admission in class XI in Delhi Government school for students passing class X from National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS).
The bench of Justice Prateek Jalan issued notice to the respondents after hearing the submission of the petitioner and asked counsel for the government to file counter affidavit while fixing January 22 for further hearing.
The petitioner student had sought admission in class XI in Delhi Government school - Government Girls Senior Secondary School, Goela Khurd - but was allegedly denied admission on the ground of less percentage of marks.
Advocates Ashok Agarwal and Kumar Utkarsh, appearing for the student, submitted that Delhi Government by its circular was discriminating between their own students and those students who passed from NIOS on basis of marks.
Ashok Aggarwal argued that the said circular is contrary to the provisions of Right to Education and violative of Article 14 of the Constitution of India. He added that such act of Government is unethical, anti-child and promotes expulsion of students from school thus promoting child labour.
“If these students are denied admission on one pretext or another in Delhi Government school than where these students belonging to downtrodden society will go?” he asked.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The Bihar government on Tuesday admitted in the state assembly that the enrolment of students in the government and government-aided schools had declined by 40 lakh in 2018-19 compared to 2014-15.
- The recruitment examinations include the West Bengal Civil Service exam, West Bengal Audit, and Accounts Service exam, and West Bengal Civil Service main exam 2020.
- AIIMS INI CET July 2021 Session: Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the INI-CET 2021 examination online at aiimsexams.org on or before March 31, 2021, until 5 pm.
- Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC) has released the hall ticket or admit card for MPSC State Services Prelims exam 2020.
- UP Board, will conduct its class 10 (high school) and class 12 (intermediate) examinations-2021 at 729 additional centres spread across the state as compared to last year owing to the Covid pandemic.
- FCI Recruitment 2021: Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the positions online at fci.gov.in on or before March 31, 2021, until 4 pm.
- PSTCL Recruitment 2021: After the application process begins, interested and eligible candidates will be able to apply for the positions online at pstcl.org on or before March 26, 2021.
- JKBOSE class 10 results 2020: Students who have appeared in the JKBOSE class 10 board exams 2020 can check their results online at jkbose.ac.in.
- BHU SET 2021: Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the BHU SET 2021 examination online at bhuonline.in on or before March 31, 2021.
- CBSE, ICSE and many other state boards have announced the dates for board examinations and students appearing in the exams must be a anxious lot by now.