Rajinikanth-starrer Kabali begins shooting in Chennai
Tamil film Kabali, starring superstar Rajinikanth and one that will be his 159th movie, began its shooting in Chennai on Thursday. The actor plays the role of a gangster called Kabaleeshwaran in the film.
Dressed in light blue jeans and dark blue full-sleeve shirt, Rajinikanth arrived for the film’s puja ceremony. The entire cast and crew of the film, including producer Kalaipuli S Thanu and director Pa. Ranjith were present at the launch.
The regular shooting of the film has also started. According a source from the film’s unit, Rajinikanth has set 106 days for the shoot and will shoot for the film till January end.
While the first schedule of Kabali will be shot in India, the team will move to Malaysia for the next leg of shooting.
The film, which is said to be based on the life of a Chennai-based don, also features Radhika Apte, Dhansikaa, Kalaiarasan and John Vijay, who play important roles.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
Malavika Mohanan: I find it annoying when people put Bollywood at a higher pedestal than other film industries
- Called a 'truly clueless, uneducated, stupid human being' on Twitter, Kangana Ranaut said that her tweets are intended for 'high IQ people'.
- Rahul Vaidya wore a sweatshirt similar to one worn by Rubina Dilaik on Bigg Boss 14, as he took off on a romantic holiday with girlfriend Disha Parmar.
- Babil Khan got emotional as he stumbled upon old messages from his father, the late Irrfan Khan, while deleting unnecessary texts from his phone.
- Pavitra Punia had a quick response for the paparazzi, when they asked her why she wasn't accompanied by boyfriend Eijaz Khan at the airport.
- Hrithik Roshan, in an interview in 2017, said that he was at a good place in his life and was not thinking about getting married again. He was previously married to Sussanne Khan.
- Sumona Chakravarti has made the maximum use of limited space in her new Mumbai house, designed in Scandinavian style. Watch a video here.
- Parineeti Chopra reminisced about many of her firsts in a new video for Netflix India. Watch it here.
- Bipasha Basu and her husband, Karan Singh Grover, have been keeping their fans updated with their adventures in the Maldives. See their pictures here.
- Milind Soman and his wife, Ankita Konwar, took to Instagram on Saturday to celebrate seven years of their relationship. See the pictures here.