6 tips to choose the best lipstick for different skin tones
The lipstick is the “go-to” make-up item when one wants to quickly refresh one’s make-up. From peachy nudes to vibrant reds and dark plums, there are a variety of colours and shades that you can try. But if it doesn’t match your skin tone, it could be a fashion faux pas. With International Lipstick Day coming up on July 29, Roy N Subramoney, managing director, INGLOT Cosmetics, APAC and Middle East and Uma Talreja, chief marketing & chief customer officer, Shoppers Stop decode lip colour codes for Indian skin tones:
* Fair skin tone: Women with a fair skin tone can pull off any shade. Lighter shades of peach, pink or nudes go well during the day. You can opt for shades of coral, peach, orange, pink and fuchsia in lighter colours. Bold red, cherry red, berry and plum tones work well for evenings. There are a variety of nudes available, be it salmon nudes, rosewood or nude lipsticks with pink undertones.
* Medium skin tone: Medium skin toned women can carry off a multitude of colours confidently. You can pick shades of berry red, rust, brick red, maroon or burgundy for evenings while orange, mauves, pinks, lilac and cinnamon work their magic during the day. Further, bronze tones in creamy as well as matte finish look stunning on wheatish skin tones. For a natural look, opt for deep nudes or natural browns.
* Dark skin tone: Dark skin is gorgeous and can be enhanced with a lip colour that complements it. Shades with yellow undertone work well for darker skin tones. Pink, crimson red, brown and berry shades, shades of copper, walnut, bronze and honey, oxblood, maroons, and rose tones look great on these skin tones. For nudes, one can opt for gingerbread nudes, nudes with a brown tint or a rosy brown nude shade.
* Ruby red: Celebrities have claimed their loyalty to the Ruby Red shade. This remains one of the most iconic shades in every makeup collection. A super matte finish coupled with a magical red that suits almost every Indian skin tone, this shade is a must-buy.
* Bright tomato red: Try a liquid lipstick to make your lips pop with rich pigments. A single swipe of tomato red tone shade and you’re spared frequent reapplications. This lipstick stands out as best for fair to wheatish skin tones.
* Wild Berry: If you are wondering about the trick to achieving fuller lips, get your hands on a rich berry shade. Deep tones like Wild Berry give your lips a flawless, sculpted look. This one works like magic on wheatish to dusky complexions.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Malaika Arora and Arjun Kapoor recently visited Kareena Kapoor Khan to meet the new baby. Malaika looked absolutely stunning in her pinstripe midi dress and matching accessories.
- Bipasha Basu’s sizzling looks from Maldives, set vacation vibes soaring high be it in a tangerine or floral print georgette kaftan by Varun Bahl and we can’t wait to let these contemporary styles jazz up our summer wardrobe without burning a hole in our pockets
- For the shooting of a new advertisement, Mira Rajput wore a gorgeous tile print mini draped ruffled dress. We are fan of this summery look.
- The 78th annual Golden Globe Awards 2021 was held on February 28. While most of the celebrities attended the show from the comforts of their home, some made it to the red carpet and flaunted their gorgeous sartorial picks. Some, however, did not make it to the best dressed list.
- As the Globes split hosts, with Amy Poehler at the Beverly Hilton and Tina Fey at the Rainbow Room in New York. There was nary a pair of sweats in sight.
- After returning from the Maldives, Shilpa Shetty stepped out for lunch with her family at her restaurant and opted to wear a co-ord set that was comfy and chic at the same time.
- For a day outing, Rakul Preet opted to wear a beautiful lemon yellow mini dress with a crop denim jacket. The actor imparted summer vibes with her ensemble and we are inspired.
- Mouni Roy is the new millennial trendsetter and these pictures of her in cool and fast fashion of tie and dye loungewear are proof
- Malaika Arora recently took to Instagram to wish her fans a happy Sunday as the actor enjoyed a lazy day at home wearing a sports bra and sweat pants.