8 unexpected benefits of wearing lipstick beyond making your lips appear fuller
Who doesn’t feel prettier after a swipe of lipstick? Answer: No one. Lipstick is surely a go-to make-up product for most women, whether it is a quick fix or for a much-detailed party look. It can instantly change the face from looking drab to diva. But it also has some skin benefits.
Bhavya Chawla, chief stylist, Voonik and Vishal Mudgal, make-up expert, VLCC shares some benefits of using a lipstick:
1. A lot of lipsticks that have sun protection ingredients protect your lips from the harmful UV rays.
2. Lipstick provide hydration as it has ingredients like Aloe Vera and/or vitamin E.
3. Lipstick defines your lips and brightens your smile, provided you choose the right shade.
4. Wearing a lipstick can complete your look, whether it is about looking more credible at a professional setting or more sexy for a date night.
5. Women who wear lipstick feel more confident and powerful. As a matter of fact, they are usually perceived by others as being more attractive, and in control.
6. Lipstick is also a mood enhancer, which lifts our spirits during tough times. It instantly makes us feel empowered.
7. Lipsticks speak a lot about ones personality. While most of us (I am sure you all would agree) will have dozens of lip colours, there will be 3-4 pet colours most used and easily worn almost everywhere.
8. Lipstick if chosen correctly can enhance your complexion. First, it is important to understand your skin undertone, whether it’s cool or warm or neutral.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Malaika Arora and Arjun Kapoor recently visited Kareena Kapoor Khan to meet the new baby. Malaika looked absolutely stunning in her pinstripe midi dress and matching accessories.
- Bipasha Basu’s sizzling looks from Maldives, set vacation vibes soaring high be it in a tangerine or floral print georgette kaftan by Varun Bahl and we can’t wait to let these contemporary styles jazz up our summer wardrobe without burning a hole in our pockets
- For the shooting of a new advertisement, Mira Rajput wore a gorgeous tile print mini draped ruffled dress. We are fan of this summery look.
- The 78th annual Golden Globe Awards 2021 was held on February 28. While most of the celebrities attended the show from the comforts of their home, some made it to the red carpet and flaunted their gorgeous sartorial picks. Some, however, did not make it to the best dressed list.
- As the Globes split hosts, with Amy Poehler at the Beverly Hilton and Tina Fey at the Rainbow Room in New York. There was nary a pair of sweats in sight.
- After returning from the Maldives, Shilpa Shetty stepped out for lunch with her family at her restaurant and opted to wear a co-ord set that was comfy and chic at the same time.
- For a day outing, Rakul Preet opted to wear a beautiful lemon yellow mini dress with a crop denim jacket. The actor imparted summer vibes with her ensemble and we are inspired.
- Mouni Roy is the new millennial trendsetter and these pictures of her in cool and fast fashion of tie and dye loungewear are proof
- Malaika Arora recently took to Instagram to wish her fans a happy Sunday as the actor enjoyed a lazy day at home wearing a sports bra and sweat pants.