Skin care: Add tadka to your beauty regime with curry leaves
One of the highly used herbs in India, curry leaves (sweet neem leaves), commonly known to add aroma and flavour to food, are also a rich source of beta-carotene and protein, known to control hair loss and encourage healthy hair growth.fashion and trends Updated: Aug 06, 2015 19:37 IST
One of the highly used herbs in India, curry leaves (sweet neem leaves), commonly known to add aroma and ­flavour to food, are also a rich source of beta-carotene and protein, known to control hair loss and encourage healthy hair growth. These herbs contain ­calcium, phosphorous, iron and folic acid, as well as Vitamins C, B, A, E — ­needed for healthy skin and hair. Over time, they have been used in herbal ­medicine and as home ­remedies to many ailments. We list some for you.
* Try: Apply a paste of curry leaves on the hair. Wash off after 20-30 ­minutes.
Why: They contain antioxidants, prevent degeneration, help ­moisturise the scalp and prevent dryness.
* Try: Make a paste of curry leaves and add one tablespoon olive or ­sesame seed oil. Apply on scalp, and wash off after an hour.
Why: This helps remove dandruff flakes and prevent dandruff. It has anti-bacterial properties and fights infection, imparting health and vitality to hair.
* Try: A paste of curry leaves can be added to ­fuller’s earth, along with one ­teaspoon each rose water, honey and curd. Mix and apply on the face. Wash off after 20 minutes.
Why: This helps heal and prevent eruptive ­conditions, like pimples, acne or rash.
* Try: Add coconut oil to the fresh curry leaves and boil till a black residue is formed. Cool and apply on the scalp. Keep it on for an hour and wash. This may be done two or three times a week.
Why: Coconut oil when mixed with curry leaves, increases hair growth. It also prevents greying.
* Try: A paste made of curry leaves may be added to aloe vera gel and then applied on the hair. Wash off after half an hour.
Why: This helps improve hair texture and encourages hair growth.
First Published: Aug 06, 2015 19:32 IST