Sonam Kapoor’s best looks, for her 33rd birthday. See pics
Happy birthday Sonam Kapoor Ahuja! The stylish actor turns 33 today, and in honour of her risk-taking, fashion-forward, and always interesting sartorial style, we thought we’d rewind and take a closer look at her statement-making outfits.fashion and trends Updated: Jun 09, 2018 14:06 IST
It’s no secret that one of our major girl crushes is actor Sonam Kapoor Ahuja. As someone whose style is always amongst our top-ranked — whether she’s working a stunning Vera Wang gown on the Cannes Film Festival red carpet, perfecting the LBD, crushing it in a quirky saree, or mixing cool separates at the airport, we constantly look to her for inspiration.
Sonam has the ability to translate tricky runway trends into real-life and knows exactly what works for her frame and embraces her height (she’s almost 5’ 8”). We especially love that Sonam’s not shy when it comes to trying out new trends, and has the kind of confidence to pull off any look, regardless of how it rates on the wack-o-metre.
And let’s not forget it’s Sonam’s 33rd birthday on Saturday (June 11), so to celebrate, check out her style portfolio as one of our leading ladies of fashion. Click on to see this birthday girl’s recent killer looks from street glam to high-end couture — including that lehenga-style Cannes Film Festival 2018 gown.
1. For her first red carpet appearance at Cannes 2018, Sonam wore a Swarovski crystal-encrusted ivory Ralph and Russo tulle lehenga that resembled a gown with its breathtaking train. It featured floral hand embroidery and was paired with a crop top with three quarter sleeves and a side cape. For details, click here.
2. Sonam pulled a dreamy 3D leather belt, which had the appearance of a flower in full bloom, tightly around the short jacket of her sharp and clean white suit to achieve an instant peplum. The ensemble, from Madrid-based label Delpozo’s fresh off the runway autumn winter 2018 collection, is a lesson in adding an unexpected, feminine touch to your boxy, neutral separates. For details, click here.
3. In a look that will motivate you to step up your airport-style game ASAP, Sonam wore an all-black airport look: An over-sized TV print sweatshirt and flowy midi-skirt from Rheson’s new 80s-inspired collection. We love experimenting with proportions and Sonam’s look gave off high-fashion vibes but still felt very comfy. For details, click here.
4. Demonstrating that standout knitwear is the perfect way to dress up, the ever-so-chic actor wore a bright pink and red knit top with skinny red knit trousers by Aussie designer Zoe Champion. Sonam’s knit set may have said ‘highly coloured’ but her ensemble was standout gold. Feminine and fierce. For details, click here.
5. The superwoman of jet-setting in style mixed things up with her ‘denim palazzo sari’. Sonam impressed with her ridiculously cool Rheson denim sari and denim flare top combo. Sonam’s versatile denim sari instantly made her outfit feel much more forward and special. And the best part? One can style a denim palazzo sari in a hundred different ways — with a blouse or tank underneath, with a tee on top, and so on. For details, click here.
6. Sonam kicked off the PadMan promotions wearing a structured blue shirt by Georgian designer Gvantsa Janashia. On mere mortals, this shirt — paired with dark culottes from Comme des Garcons, statement earrings and hair pin by Roma Narsinghani, chunky brown belt and matching ankle-strap pumps from Salvatore Ferragamo — might look OTT (over the top); but on Sonam, it worked. For details, click here.
7. Sonam gave a massive twist to her basic ensemble — standout black Balenciaga pantaboots or ‘pants and boots piece’ or trousers with a built-in five inch heel, and grey oversized Fear of God sweatshirt — with her not-so-basic accessories: Mismatched earrings and a spiral hair bun pin by Roma Narsinghani.To complement her high fashion street style ensemble, Sonam wore her hair in an edgy low bun. For details, click here.
8. For a more bohemian look, Sonam wore a maxi length with this printed Anamika Khanna number. She looked every inch a gypsy princess in this gorgeous flowing vintage-feel dress that featured long sleeves and was cinched at her waist. While the dress was stunning, albeit a little grandmother-ish, we have to say it was her chunky necklaces by Amrapali Jewels that truly stole the show. For details, click here.
9. Sonam’s pink Bouguessa three-piece outfit consisted of a double-breasted blazer, an oversize long coat — which she wore unbuttoned — and a pair of flared, culotte-style pants. Underneath her ensemble, Sonam gave up a blouse to wear a peak-a-boo grey inner and added an extra-sweet touch to her outfit with eccentric red Marni earrings. For details, click here.
10. It wasn’t so long ago that the idea of seeing a denim saree provided a serious shock. But that all changed within the space of a few years, thanks to celebrities, including Sonam, who showed how denim can absolutely be dressed up with their game-changing deconstructed drapes. Sonam once again killed it in a noteworthy edgy-meets-romantic ripped denim saree by Diksha Khanna. Sonam’s sleek look nods to the fabric’s casual nature while delivering an elegant, edgy final result. For details, click here.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more